Just a question about the 920

rxe

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I am looking to purchase a 920. I want this to be used as a wifi only device. My question is, should I purchase one from ATT off contract or an unlocked from ebay? There are no plans to use this as a phone at all. Also since Im not going to stick a SIM card in it will every thing work as it would with one etc GPS, Updates?

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, it should function the same way an iPhone does without a SIM card.......meaning, it's a really expensive iPod touch. Updates won't be pushed (since it won't have the carrier SIM card) but you should be able to find them on Nokia's website. As for ATT or EBay, whichever you can find the better deal I suppose.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
generally unlocked phones are more expensive.

I'd go ATT and buy it off contract since it is $449 i think which is the cheapest. Microsoft store if you have one near you sells for $449 i think as well.

Either way doesn't matter, buy the place is the cheapest if this is a wifi only device.

ROne21

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Can I ask why you would buy a cell phone for wi-fi use only and not just buy a tablet or an iPod Touch?

Last edited:

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
If you are planning to use it as a "tablet" at home - you're doing it wrong, since there's no global display orientation lock... Very annoying when trying to use it while lying on a bed/sofa/whatever. Not to mention that some functions (like automatic time adjustment) don't seem to work without SIM card... So yea, you should get a small Android/iOS tablet instead, it will even be cheaper than paying unsubsidized price for this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes