Nokia CC-1043 is officially useless after 1 month

omglilol

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I was very excited when I heard about this cover, it basically makes your Lumia yellow! Too good to be true! Well unfortunately it is.

After only one week of usage, I noticed the color on the edges was a bit off, and below I included some pics of how it looks like after one month of usage.

First a couple of things to consider: I work in an office, and my phone NEVER (literally) was in my pockets, and I'd like to think my hands aren't an oil pump.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AE7370A2EF248399!103&authkey=!AAXR3unzh24gNJg

I've seen much worse on threads here admittedly, but this is the best you can expect if you are a hygiene freak, which is still terrible. Waste of money for me.

Obviously the stains do not come off regardless of materials / methods used. It's like the change colors completely.

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I agree with you.
To me this shows that the case IS doing it's job. Wherever you are putting the phone is obviously dirty enough for the case to be collecting dust. Think about all that dirt on your phone, rather than on your case.

I am under the impression that a case is used to keep your phone clean from dirt/scuffs etc. I look at all the grease stains and scratches at the back of my Incipio case. Boy am I thankful for this case..

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Your complaining over that little bit? How much did you pay for that case; maybe $10-$15?

Now the dirt issue with the HTC phones. The actual phone. Thats an issue...

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Posts like this always make me laugh no matter what forum I'm on. It's a case and it's job is the protect your phone, to take the bumps, scuffs, scratches, the overall general wear and tear instead of the phone itself...and people complain their case doesn't look like new. The oil from your hands will eventually do this to any lightly colored silicone style case.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Unlucky maybe? Granted these silicone cases are not something you expect to use years, while naturally you expect more than a month.

I have had my cyan cover for N9 (daddy of Lumia 800 with the exact same silicone case) since 2011 and its still pristine. Also have black cover for my 920 with no problems for a month now.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've got a red one and it's getting slightly dirty also. I've read that using plain dishwasher soap and water helps to clean it up but it didn't do much for mine. I wonder if you coated it with one of those polyurethane sprays when it was new if it would help keep the oils from getting it dirty.

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah...me and my brother bought them too thinking as they were official they would be brilliant in that respect! Same issue...black around the corners!

I've went back to 'naked' again...only ?30 for a new polycarbonate case anyway! Feels better and looks more sleek too!!!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Not sure I agree with you.
To me this shows that the case IS doing it's job. Wherever you are putting the phone is obviously dirty enough for the case to be collecting dust. Think about all that dirt on your phone, rather than on your case.

I am under the impression that a case is used to keep your phone clean from dirt/scuffs etc. I look at all the grease stains and scratches at the back of my Incipio case. Boy am I thankful for this case..

+1 I agree. The case did it's job.

MattMamba2012

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I've got the yellow one too and mine is a bit dirtier than yours is. I was a bit disappointed when it first happened since it looked so gorgeous in that yellow case. It still looks really good though and its just a case. If I really wanted I could replace it easily. If any one finds a way to clean this I'd love to hear it though.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Aww, I disagree with a lot of comments here. I agree that it's supposed to do its job as a case, but people like him and me want the aesthetic value of this case as well. I'm lucky that the $5 glossy, rubber case I bought has remained glossy and shiny throughout, even if I only got it for $5.

I hope you can resolve something OP. =( I would be sad too if my case turned dirty =(

Aditya Phulwani

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah...me and my brother bought them too thinking as they were official they would be brilliant in that respect! Same issue...black around the corners!

I've went back to 'naked' again...only ?30 for a new polycarbonate case anyway! Feels better and looks more sleek too!!!

I dont understand? ?30 for a new polycarbonate case? you mean the Body of the 920? Is it actually changeable? Id love to change my body!

Does anyone know if its possible to change the body of the 920? Probably change the color or something. Would be sweeet.

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
This case actually saved my phone. I was in the public bathroom and my friend knocked my hand which sent my phone flying at least 15 feet. It bounced off the corner and landed on it's back. Picked it up and it looked like new. I was using the black CC-1043. My phone is perfectly fine while the case suffered a little nick on the corner which isn't noticeable until you point it out,

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia 900 ones did this too. My girlfriend had a blue one which turned almost black. She obviously hated it, but she's a menace to technology, so imagine if the case hadn't been there. Much easier to replace a $10 case than a $450 device.

Pl4ub

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Got the yellow 1043 case yesterday and already after one day the corners had blue color from my jeans back pocket where I keep my phone. Just a moment ago quickly cleaned those corners with wet tissue, blue color gone, phew. Maybe I should wait for summer and shorts, and go with naked black phone when use jeans, hmm. Or buy yellow hipster jeans....not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb