Canadian 920 users, eh?

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
There seems to be a TON of Canadians here, aside from me. I'm wondering if we can start a chat thread like the India and Philippines one :)
The 1308 update was just out a few hours ago, who got it, and have you guys had any problems?

Mine seems to be running flawlessly after the update!

gurnishan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just installed it a like an hour back, so far no problems, only change i noticed was the new storage feature, just wondering if the color profile is supposed to be a part of it or not??

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I just installed it a like an hour back, so far no problems, only change i noticed was the new storage feature, just wondering if the color profile is supposed to be a part of it or not??

I believe that will come in he next update. Is 1308 GDR2? Or it's a pre-patch before it?

Yeah, the storage UI is absolutely stunning!

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Damn that sucks! I was really looking forward to that. The red theme on my 920 is ugly, but it was perfect on my 900.

I think the default colours we were given with are way to high in contrast that it doesn't blend well with certain features and live tiles. I notice that the red one in particular and the cobalt blue is high in contrast as well.

Daakkon

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the default colours we were given with are way to high in contrast that it doesn't blend well with certain features and live tiles. I notice that the red one in particular and the cobalt blue is high in contrast as well.

I just recently switched to cobalt from steel and I am finding it okay, the red is ugly and it does not feel red to me, more of an orange.

bayotte

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
What up fellow Canuck? I just finished updating my phone and so far so good! It is a pretty good idea to get a Canadian group, eh? That way we can give keep each other up to snuff with WP8/920 news at the Canadian level... How do you like the WP8 OS vs. your previous one? I was peviously a Blackberry user and made the switch without ever looking back. I love how intuitive and modern the WP8 OS is. I have nothing negative to say about BB, even with the new Z10 and all. The only criticism I have towards Microsoft is the lack of WP8 marketing $, because we all know how much of a complete eco-system they have with XBOX, Windows 8 (PC or tablet) and WP8 and that nothing is being promoted. My 2nd rant is the fact that they're not giving NOKIA enough LOVIN'. If anyone has gone beyond the call of duty with the relaunch of the Windows Phone, it's NOKIA. They're seriously the coolest cats on the block.

Anyhow dude, that was my rant and please keep me posted should you ever get a WP8/920 Canadian group goin'.

Cheers.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
GO CANADIANS xD. Just installed my update. Cleared only 900+ MB of temp files, wish i can get rid of the 3GB Other files too.. But I love how you can see the details of the storage and find out who are the storage hoggers, i'm going to list them in a new thread soon. So far so good, no problem

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
eh, indeed! Did anyone notice the change to WiFi? There is a Static IP option there now, was that always there and I just somehow ignored it all this time?
GLG!

neoxphuse

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello fellow Canadians. Been a WP user since the beginning. Still love using it to this day compared to an iPhone which I got bored after 6 months. Nokia is the best company by far.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Crazy how there is no marketing here in Canada, even with Nokia...WP gets no love...
I've been in Europe and WP (mostly Nokia) seem to be super popular in some areas...I saw lots of Nokia Lumia 800's and 610's and some 920's...

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Rogers has been alright with Windows Phone, at least the updates come through on time! But the lack of Visual Voicemail irks me, and those Canadian banks not putting out any WP apps, don't get me started there. Otherwise, I am a very happy Lumia 920 user (as well as Surface Pro and non-touch Windows 8 PC).

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I saw someone on the bus next to me with L920, and few days ago a 8X in the wild too. Definitely an improvement. C'mon ppl stop using BB and join the amazing world of WP already...

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Rogers has been alright with Windows Phone, at least the updates come through on time! But the lack of Visual Voicemail irks me, and those Canadian banks not putting out any WP apps, don't get me started there. Otherwise, I am a very happy Lumia 920 user (as well as Surface Pro and non-touch Windows 8 PC).

Yeah I'm missing a TD app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss