Using the international 920 on an ATT non-smartphone data plan

Asleeper2

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Just like the title says, has anyone used (or currently) using the int'l version of the Lumia 920 on an ATT non-smartphone data plan? I have been using the Lumia 810 for the last 3 months without issue but would like to get the 920 and keep my current data plan. Likewise, I know LTE won't work but I'm not really worried about it, 3G data speeds are good enough for me.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to based on a old thread I remember reading. IIRC someone had a legacy non-smart phone plan that included a small amount of data and they just pulled the SIM out and put it in the new phone. I believe as long as you don't have to contact AT&T and give them the ESN (so they know you have a smartphone) it should work.

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am. I have a red Nokia lumia 920 from Thailand. At the moment im visiting my family in Atlanta Georgia. I'm using T-Mobile pay as you go since I'm only here for 2months. I'm doing the 50usd plans. Everything works fine. MMS, Internet data, etc. Not sure if 4g works because Thailand 920 are limit to 3G only option. With T-mobile 3G I'm downloading at 3-4mbs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs