Just picked up an L920

ROne21

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I picked up a yellow L920 last night from a AT&T authorized dealer with the plan of getting in unlocked. I got the phone alone, no contract and no pre-paid plan...just the phone. So right now, the phone is basically just like a tablet. I can connect thru wi-fi but cannot make phone calls. I paid $420 + tax, which I think is a very good deal. The lowest I've seen the price is from Amazon for $449. I just finished my contract with T-mobile so I am free to go with another service provider. I would prefer to stay with them for the unlimited data plan they have and the no contract deal but the L920 is the phone that I like at the moment.

My plan is to see if I can get it unlocked and use it through T-Mobile. I've called and inquired on a couple of places to get it unlocked but so far no luck. Is it possible to unlock a AT&T L920? If not, I can always return it and buy a factory unlocked one. Advice please. Thanks.

ROne21

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I've read that and whatever that came up with my search....in short...no solution.....I may be returning the phone back and just may pick up a factory unlock one.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
While you're waiting to get unlocked, you can get a prepaid sim from an att mvno if you want to make calls.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I chatted with AT&T support. I was told that May 9th is the date AT&T can unlock Lumia 920. I asked the tech support to escalate it to next level and she did. I will post on the other thread after learning the result.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Just get it on contract that's what I did then you'll have full support im gettin up to 35 Mb internet speeds and I'm also comin from metropcs so for me its a big upgrade

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss