Find My Phone Setting Varies

swinn

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
In my family, we have five phones running WP8 (all Nokia 920s). They are all running the latest updates. There has always been one thing that confuses me - the "Find My Phone" setting isn't the same on all the phones.

Go to Settings and scroll down to "find my phone".

Two of the phones say this:
find my phone
ring, lock, erase, or find your phone

The other three phones say this:
find my phone
off

Now go into the setting.

The first two phones have two options:
Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not SMS)
Save my phone's location periodically and before the battery runs out to make it easier to find

The other three phones just have a slider to toggle it on or off. Even when it is toggled on, the subtext on the settings menu says "off".

Does anyone know what causes this? Which category does your phone fall into?

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Im one with the on/off toggle only, I used to have full features on my first 920. Since its been replaced I've been told it could be due to having multiple log ins with different imei numbers and its messing with the system somehow .... No idea , I've tried deleting all associated phones , hard reset and set up latest phone.... Still only the toggle :(

spokanedj

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
This is my scenario as well. I originally had a White 920, then gave it to my Kid and got a red one. Of the Four 920s we now have in the house, mine is the only one that just has the slider and no options. I also just realized that my find my phone hasn't updated/worked since I swapped phones. I went to our accounts and removed all the old phones from all accounts, and reset the phone numbers as well. However, I still have not been able to get find my phone working. If I "misplace" my phone, I'm going to be really mad if I can't find it.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
+1 for slider only and also with inverted settings. The other trouble, is that I cannot get the Find my Phone page on my windowsphone acc. When i log in to my wife's acc, on the same computer, it works flawlessly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss