I realize that there are countless threads on this issue, but I'm curious if anyone has ever had this issue:

Every time my tiles stop updating I have to do a hard reset. All of them stop working. Unpinning and repining does not solve the problem, no does uninstalling and reinstalling.

After a hard reset, the tiles will update for exactly one week, and then fail to update again until another hard reset. This has happened for the past 3 weeks. Why is my handset in particular having such a difficult time with tiles and why is it always exactly a week after resetting? I shouldn't say exactly, as it's not down to the hour, but it is 7 days later.

So frustrating to have to reset every week and try not to get the spinning cogs of death.
    04-22-2013 10:49 PM
    LOL @ Spinning Cogs of death. I'm running a thread on this as we speak and you might be able to help. My contention is that there is an app or series of apps that cause live tiles to quit updating normally. Which apps are you loading up?
    04-23-2013 02:00 AM
    LOL @ Spinning Cogs of death. I'm running a thread on this as we speak and you might be able to help. My contention is that there is an app or series of apps that cause live tiles to quit updating normally. Which apps are you loading up?
    Hey,

I use amazing weather HD, TVShow, and then of course the built in ones. Even my ME tiles stops updating after a week.
    04-23-2013 10:02 AM
    My live tiles are not updating either. Weather, WP Central, me, twitter, Facebook, USA today, BBC,
    04-23-2013 04:57 PM
    Not sure why they keep stopping for you, but I have had similar problem, typically after an OS update. The fix for me (and some others in certain threads here) was to block all background tasks (check the box to allow on next start), restart the phone, clear IE history (Settings -> Applications -> IE -> delete history), then re-launch the previously blocked apps and make sure they show up again in background tasks as allowed. Give it a little time after that and they should work again. Hope that helps.
    04-23-2013 05:50 PM
    Hey,

I use amazing weather HD, TVShow, and then of course the built in ones. Even my ME tiles stops updating after a week.
    I too use AWHD and TVShow with no tile issues (well minor issues with AWHD set to hourly skipping an hour or 2 here and there, but I think that is on their end more than the phone).
    04-23-2013 05:51 PM
    My live tiles are not updating either. Weather, WP Central, me, twitter, Facebook, USA today, BBC,
    Just for reference sake, I use WPCentral, Facebook, and USA Today tiles (And Me tile) without issue, with exception of the 1 or 2 times I had to do the fix I posted in my earlier message above.
    04-23-2013 05:53 PM