I can't seem to download apps.

Toufic1234

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
So, this issue has been annoying me for days. I bought the lumia 920 like a week ago, and everytime i try to download an app, I get the "attention required-tap here" message. So I've been told that this message appears because of a loss in internet connection but my wifi router is working fine, so I'm confused. If anyone has the solution, I'd be very grateful.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So, this issue has been annoying me for days. I bought the lumia 920 like a week ago, and everytime i try to download an app, I get the "attention required-tap here" message. So I've been told that this message appears because of a loss in internet connection but my wifi router is working fine, so I'm confused. If anyone has the solution, I'd be very grateful.

Is the Wi-Fi working on your phone? Can you use the browser on the phone?

Also when are you getting that error message? When the download starts? Or after the download starts?

Toufic1234

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Is it up to date?

Yep.

Is the Wi-Fi working on your phone? Can you use the browser on the phone?

Also when are you getting that error message? When the download starts? Or after the download starts?

Yes, the browser works. I'm getting the message a little while after it starts the download. Oh another thing i didn't mention is that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, it's really random.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking your phone does not have portico and your screen is dimming so the download cancels or the option is not enabled.

If your phone is on portico, go to:

settings
wifi
advanced
and make sure "Keep wifi on when the screen times out" is selected

If you don't see the above option, you need to update your phone.

Settings
Phone update
check for updates

Toufic1234

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, i thought about that too, but even if the screen doesn't dim out, it still does that + the option is checked.

It''s really weird. :unhappysweat:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro