1314fw update for EE UK?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm on Orange UK (EE) and I keep checking everyday and I'm still on 1308 so I think all this talk of 1314 must be AT&T US only at the moment.

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Ah okay, just mentioned as it seemed the rollout was imminent. Since you're on EE too, do you mind answering this for me ... Recently, my network conditions have changed since installing 1308. When the phone is idle it shows 3G, but Ive noticed while using the internet it automatically switches to H+, then back to 3G within seconds. Is this normal?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
As far as I understand it your phone when the data connection is on is constantly trying to improve your connection and get data to you quicker, a bit like it does with the general phone signal. I have noticed that my phone switches from 3G+ then to H+ sometimes and back again and I think it's when you're in an area where you have a data speed on the border of the next band up (H+) it can't quite decide what your speed 'label' should be. I don't think this searching will affect your battery life anymore than actually having data on will be. I think this is fairly normal behaviour, but if it is some kind of malfunction I'm fairly confident the changes in 1314 whenever that does roll out will fix it.

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
@Blocks9, just posting to confirm that I have the exact same thing happening with me (EE). Hoping the update is out soon and hope that it stops this happening too much. I also tend to get a lot of text messages saying "Can't send", even when in a strong signal area, :(

Fingers crossed for the update, :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
mine too, still on 1314 now. has anyone success or tried unlock your phone from EE?
Yes I unlocked my ebay bought EE 920 and flashed it to 3 firmware incase there was any frequency differences. Works like a charm, loving 3's 'Ultrafast' service, who needs LTE ? LOL Was ?35 to unlock from FoneFunShop but the price I paid for my Lumia 920 on ebay was well worth it. Needless to say TWB is loving his unlimited 'Ultrafast' service from 3. 12MB down 3-4 Up. Woo Hoo! ah say, ah say Woo Hoo! :love:

Should have mentioned that the 1308 update arrived seamlessly on 3 as well, so no problems with updating, just waiting on 1314 now.:winktongue:

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It won't be able for a while I would of thought. I'm hoping it will fix my reception problems, although downgrading didn't fix it so I don't see how upgrading will

decheng1218

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
is it possible to do an official unlock? i heard that you can unlock the phone after six month, is urs totally unlocked? i mean can you use any network as you want ? thanks for your reply!

decheng1218

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
is it possible to do an official unlock? i heard that you can unlock the phone after six month, is urs totally unlocked? i mean can you use any network as you want ? thanks for your reply!
Yes I unlocked my ebay bought EE 920 and flashed it to 3 firmware incase there was any frequency differences. Works like a charm, loving 3's 'Ultrafast' service, who needs LTE ? LOL Was ?35 to unlock from FoneFunShop but the price I paid for my Lumia 920 on ebay was well worth it. Needless to say TWB is loving his unlimited 'Ultrafast' service from 3. 12MB down 3-4 Up. Woo Hoo! ah say, ah say Woo Hoo! :love:

Should have mentioned that the 1308 update arrived seamlessly on 3 as well, so no problems with updating, just waiting on 1314 now.:winktongue:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about official unlocking policy by EE decheng but when i unlocked the phone I tried my friends vodafone and my 3 sim and they both worked fine. I only flashed it to 3 firmware for compatability with their 'Ultrafast' speeds before they introduce proper LTE in the autumn. 😊

bingobill

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought an unlocked 920 with GB generic firmware that I use with a UK 3 sim and I also have no problems with 3's Ultrafast speeds so my question to you is, with the dedicated 3 firmware are you already able to select 4G in the 'mobile network' settings ?

Not sure about official unlocking policy by EE decheng but when i unlocked the phone I tried my friends vodafone and my 3 sim and they both worked fine. I only flashed it to 3 firmware for compatability with their 'Ultrafast' speeds before they introduce proper LTE in the autumn. ��

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi Bingobill, no, the 'Highest Connection Speed' is still ghosted and fixed to 3G, I already asked about this and there will be an update to enable it for 3's LTE in the autumn. No time scale for when the update's due for you though I'm afraid Bingobill.

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Yes it's possible to get an official unlock but the policy is 6 months active use first then a ?20 fee. I was originally promised 3 months but Orange changed their T&Cs retrospectively. In the end I went the same route as TheWeeBear and used PhoneFunShop. Now happily unlocked and on GiffGaff.

decheng1218

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought an unlocked 920 with GB generic firmware that I use with a UK 3 sim and I also have no problems with 3's Ultrafast speeds so my question to you is, with the dedicated 3 firmware are you already able to select 4G in the 'mobile network' settings ?
properly i will do the same thing as u, am going back to china for my vacation. so it has to be unlocked..lol

decheng1218

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's possible to get an official unlock but the policy is 6 months active use first then a ?20 fee. I was originally promised 3 months but Orange changed their T&Cs retrospectively. In the end I went the same route as TheWeeBear and used PhoneFunShop. Now happily unlocked and on GiffGaff.
em.. they just so wired. i unlocked my iphone4 2years ago by official. O2 charge me nothing and it was really quick. you can unlock it straight away

bingobill

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I don't have it at all, not even ghosted.

Hi Bingobill, no, the 'Highest Connection Speed' is still ghosted and fixed to 3G, I already asked about this and there will be an update to enable it for 3's LTE in the autumn. No time scale for when the update's due for you though I'm afraid Bingobill.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel