what to do?

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
ok this can be a long story but i'll keep it short. i bought my lumia 920 in march and after getting it, there was a gap between the screen and the body. i returned it to the nokia repair centre (which if anyone has done that know how long it takes. it usually takes about 12-14 days. 2 days shipping there, up to 10 days fixing it and 1-2 days shipping back to you.) and they sent it back 'fixed'. when i looked at it the same problem still exist so i quickly called nokia (without reinstalling anything) and they said send it in again so i did. after about another 2 weeks i got a brand new phone and had no major faults (a bit of a light leak in the bottom right hand corner near the 'back' key) so i decided to keep it. about a week of using it and updating it to the newest software, my microsoft account only showed email no contact or calendar. i decided to reset the phone and what happened next broke my heart (almost literally haha), IT BRICKED ON ME. i went on the wpcentral and saw the 'fix' and after doing that my phone just died. soft rest and hard rest both did nothing (i even called nokia) and they said send it back so i did. they sent me back a new phone but this one has another problem. i read on the forums that some people have a clicking sound on their phone (the top edge in my case) and there is a noticeable gap in the top. because of the gap, i'm worried that i might get dirt in my FFC so now i'm torn apart. should i suck it up or return it (i called nokia and they said return it). the phone has literally been in the repair longer than it has been in my hands. i have no clue what to do. any suggestions are highly appreciated. i might actually cry :cry:. thanks a tone guys.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
hmm where are you from? I hazard to think that your local Nokia is recycling return stock.

, thank you so much for the comment. I live in Chicago and the repair center is in fort worth or something. Is in Texas. I'm just sad because I haven't used the phone.I've been using a nexus 4 in the mean time.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would return it. Calm myself a bit and try my luck at another store. Somehow every time the so call new replacement for you are suspected refurbish return stock.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I would return it. Calm myself a bit and try my luck at another store. Somehow every time the so call new replacement for you are suspected refurbish return stock.

what I'm thinking too, however I bought it off of eBay so I can't just return it which sucks.I wonder if the lemon law would work in a case like this. you're most correct sir, as returning it is the smartest idea.I'm just going to miss my baby once again:(

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
what I'm thinking too, however I bought it off of eBay so I can't just return it which sucks.I wonder if the lemon law would work in a case like this. you're most correct sir, as returning it is the smartest idea.I'm just going to miss my baby once again:(

You actually have 45 days to return eBay purchases through their buyer protection program. The problem is that even if its within the 45 day mark you have now switched out the device, so its no longer the same original product, therefore voiding the return.

Light leaking, creaking, and gaps, etc. are all known issues of the 920. Some say its poor build design, others say faulty hardware...either way, if you've been letting Nokia fix it, then continue to have them take care of it. If after one more return you are having issues, I would sell it and let the new owner know that its still under warranty if they have any problems. (Be honest and up front with them.) I would then purchase a different WP device or buy a 920 that is completely brand new and sealed, that way you know its not a refurbished or returned device.

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
You actually have 45 days to return eBay purchases through their buyer protection program. The problem is that even if its within the 45 day mark you have now switched out the device, so its no longer the same original product, therefore voiding the return.

Light leaking, creaking, and gaps, etc. are all known issues of the 920. Some say its poor build design, others say faulty hardware...either way, if you've been letting Nokia fix it, then continue to have them take care of it. If after one more return you are having issues, I would sell it and let the new owner know that its still under warranty if they have any problems. (Be honest and up front with them.) I would then purchase a different WP device or buy a 920 that is completely brand new and sealed, that way you know its not a refurbished or returned device.

good point. i didn't want to return it to the ebay seller because it wasn't their fault. i might end up selling it or worst comes to worst i might keep the next phone and just suck it up. i plan on getting the latest and greatest when WP9 hardware roles out or what ever the next best thing is (which seems like not too long with the announcement happening so soon).

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
good point. i didn't want to return it to the ebay seller because it wasn't their fault. i might end up selling it or worst comes to worst i might keep the next phone and just suck it up. i plan on getting the latest and greatest when WP9 hardware roles out or what ever the next best thing is (which seems like not too long with the announcement happening so soon).

Yeah, I see what you mean. If you send it back one more time and decide to sell it, I would definitely sell it as soon as it arrives, so it can be brand new. You'll get more resale value that way. I would still let the other party know that it was a replacement device from Nokia and that it may be some warranty left, just in case there's not. If you decide to keep it, just learn to love it until you want to upgrade. :)

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
i'm really sorry and honestly i wouldn't know what to do because i have at&t so i would just send it back but i wanted to say that i am from the chicago are! lol its nice knowing their are people who pick the best quality phone around me! lol

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
i'm really sorry and honestly i wouldn't know what to do because i have at&t so i would just send it back but i wanted to say that i am from the chicago are! lol its nice knowing their are people who pick the best quality phone around me! lol

haha nice. s loop here haha. sadly my last 3 haven't the best quality :( which sucks. lets hope that 4th time is the charm right? haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans