Just bought a 920

matt21484

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Backstory...I have been an iPhone user since the 3gs > 4s and am bored with the phone. It works great, it's just boring and as a self certified geek, I like to try new hardware. My dad recently upgraded his L900 to a HTC 8x so I bummed his 900 for a few weeks and liked WP, so I bought a used 920 off ebay and it just arrived today. I've done a software reset (settings > about > reset) and it booted back up without a hiccup. Question is, should I perform any deeper reset or is that good enough? I'm kinda paranoid about someone stealing my CC info b/c of some crazy not yet invented hack, even though I have no reason to believe this will happen. I've read the horror stories about the phones getting bricked by doing a hard reset so I'm apprehensive about performing one. Just looking for some quick advice. Thanks!

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Settings > About > Reset is an equivalent to a hard button reset.

deepest reset you can go besides a firmware flash. The next step after that is burning it and letting it melt.

Enjoy life =)

matt21484

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Ha, Ignorance is bliss I suppose. Overall I really like the phone, it is big, but I'm 6'2" so the size isn't a huge deal. I wish it were a little lighter though, it can be tiresome after awhile. The fluidity of the OS is miles ahead of Android, at least the last time I messed around w/ android, and it is on par w/ iOS. There is definitely a learning curve in the appsphere as most of the apps I had don't exist. I've learned that I don't use 3/4 of the apps I have installed, so I'm getting by. TBH a lot of the built in features of WP are better than their iOS couterpart (calendar, I'm looking at you). Looking forward to better hardware (HTC one/Sony Xperia ZL w/ WP8 would be awesome) and Waze!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05