Email not syncing

ruronirican

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Early Friday I began getting

*Hotmail error
last updated on Friday
We're having a problem syncing your in formation. Try again later.

Last tried X time ago
Error code: 8000FFFF*

I though that perhaps the mail server was getting an upgrade or just down for maintenance or something. However, it's now later Sat and still getting the same error.

I have reset the phone to no avail. Has anybody encountered this? If so how did you fix it? Thank you for any help!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to sync your email account again, go to settings,email accounts, then pick the one and long press, hit sync
Sent from my {Nokia 822} using Board Express.

ruronirican

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well for anybody that has email not sync properly with your windows phone and getting an error code 8000FFFF, I manage to fix it by unchecking the *content to sync: Email* option of the account under account management

Doing a sync after and then going back and rechecking the *content to sync: Email* option and everything was back to normal.

Hope this help people with a similar issue.

Davidkulik

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a New Nokia Lumina 920 through AT&T My Email is JUNO. When i first setup my email from the provider selection screen I selected other and just installed my email address and password whn asked. it all seemed to work fine for about a month then sent email started taking longer and longer to send sitting in the OutBox mail folder. I hit resync button and after a longer delay mail finallt went through leaving the outbox. Eventually It got much worse to the point I could not send or recieve any email. I looked all over the Groups Discussions about this problem to which none of he suggstions never worked. I SOLVED MY PROBLEM. HERE IS HOW.((( In the email setup I selected ADVANCED FROM MY NOKA LUMINA 920 ADD EMAISETUP SCREEN AND INSTALLED MY JUNO POP3 & SMTP SETINGS MANUALLY. GREAT IT WORKS NOW. CHECKING AND SENDING EMAIL WITH FILES IS VERY FAST BETTER THAN EVER. I AM VERY HAPPY NOW TO HAVE DEPENDABLE EMAIL WORKING ON MY NOKIA LUMINA 920 WIMDOWS 8 PHONE. NOW THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR MY SITUATION AND HOPEFULLY WILL HELP YOU TOWARDS THE DIRECTION TO FIX YOUR SYNCING PROBLEM?
Good Luck!

derekpthomas

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Oops, only worked for one sync session then quit. Had to do each time to get my messages. Now this trick stopped working. I tried ****ting off SMS backup as suggested elsewhere to no avail. Any ideas, anyone? Hate to wipe my phone.

derekpthomas

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Here is what eventually worked...I went through every one of my dozen outlook.com folders via my phones email client & shut off syncing to those folders. Syncing was already shut off, mind you, but doing this caused sync'ing to suddenly start working. Hope this helps others with the 80c805e2 sync issue. That was close! Almost wiped my phone...what a pain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss