05-02-2013 02:09 AM
47 12
tools
    Darker on the bottom part of the screen? I seriously doubt that unless you can upload a screenshot or photo of your phone showing that issue.
    04-29-2013 09:42 AM
    Temple Run runs WAY better on my L920 compared to my previous S3. People complain that the touch isnt responsive? on my Lumia its very responsive. Also, all of the games i've played on L920 run much smoother than my Android did. But ya theres no doubt iPhone runs great...its just a very boring device lol.
    04-29-2013 09:52 AM
    Darker on the bottom part of the screen? I seriously doubt that unless you can upload a screenshot or photo of your phone showing that issue.
    you are free not to believe.. the phone is at the service.
    04-29-2013 09:56 AM
    Watch out for the second, third week. First week you're gonna fall in love with it because it's something new, but as soon as second week and third week comes, you're gonna run into hits and misses, and you're gonna think the tiles are dull and boring because they're all the same coloured blocks you see everyday (no further customizations). Also consider apps, and all that.

If you survive one month without absolutely hating it, then you have nothing else to worry. People say Microsoft/Nokia updates are slow, I think they're very quick and very reasonable.
    04-29-2013 09:56 AM
    Temple Run runs WAY better on my L920 compared to my previous S3. People complain that the touch isnt responsive? on my Lumia its very responsive. Also, all of the games i've played on L920 run much smoother than my Android did. But ya theres no doubt iPhone runs great...its just a very boring device lol.
    are you serious? it was responsive but it had low fps. i have played it on galaxy wonder and iphone 4. they were much smoother. also played fruit ninja on these phones and they were MUCH smoother too. sorry i loved wp and phone but screen issue made me angry so i wrote these by madness. i miss my lumia :(
    04-29-2013 10:02 AM
    a lot of the issues to look out for simply manufacturing issues with the first line.
    light leak
    rattle sound
    case not sealed

issues that have come up in the os have been fixed with a multitude of patches biggest issues were
    Battery meter - being WAY off
    buggy Bluetooth - not connecting to certain cars dropping connection to headphones
    signal issue - only with at&t
    lack of apps - they just keep coming
    sync with pc - (software updated works a lot better now)

all the issues have been fixed and they have been pushing apps out left and right, the biggest app people seem to be missing is instagram but there are a couple apps that are filling the void and nokia seems to have something up their sleeves with instragram

also good choice on the nokia, they have been amazing with pushing new apps out to nokia phones and adding new features with flash updates
    04-29-2013 10:06 AM
    u should take the 920 over i4s anytime!!!

and bout the battery drain.... there will be a update in week 26
    04-29-2013 10:23 AM
    are you serious? it was responsive but it had low fps. i have played it on galaxy wonder and iphone 4. they were much smoother. also played fruit ninja on these phones and they were MUCH smoother too. sorry i loved wp and phone but screen issue made me angry so i wrote these by madness. i miss my lumia :(
    I am honestly serious. I'm not much of a smartphone gamer, but Temple Run is one of the games i do enjoy. I expected it to be 'not as responsive' as S3 which concerned me because it was pretty subpar on that device. I prefer it much more on the WP8. So after that i downloaded a few other games on the Lumia and im thoroughly impressed. Mind you most of them are puzzle games LOL...but nonetheless they run without lag from my experience.

Fair enough, i'd be pissed to if i got a phone and it didnt work. I got my phone of kijiji, brand new..its worked perfectly so far.
    04-29-2013 10:33 AM
    dont do it. i bought 5 days ago and i really wish i got iphone 4s. a big area of bottom of screen is darker than the top, big disappoitment. i went to the store to see if it was only my problem, but its not. other phones are the same. i gave my phone to the service but as i heard from people who did that, service give your phone back an says its nokia's problem. applications are ugly (i dont even talk about ugly google website and no google apps) and most games are 5x more expensive than iphone ones (although there are a few games). temple run lags in a flagship phone?!.. i wonder if this phone can run other games like real racing 3 and temple run 2 (galaxy s2 runs with the same gpu but we have more resolution, and galaxys2 runs temple run, amazing spiderman, batman etc. smoothly but we cant). i think that the problem is unity beta but there is no way we can check the potential. this doesnt make me hate it but sceeen issue does.. i hope more good apps and games come soon but i wont never buy nokia again i think. i must wait 3 years to get an iphone now :( stay on your iphone and have fun with your games and high quality apps...
    Weren't you complaining about Microsoft and Windows Phone in other threads here? Then you go out and allegedly buy a 920 just 5 days ago after all your ranting and raving?

Yeah sure...

FUD it is
    04-29-2013 11:13 AM
    Hmmm, I swear I posted this yesterday but it doesn't look like it went through...

After going to check out the phone I backed out. The guy I was buying it from seemed a little sketchy and the upper left hand corner of the screen didn't 'pop' but felt real spongy. There was a tiny chip in the glass on the bottom right too so I think he probably dropped it at some point while it was outside of a case. I'm pretty bummed I wasn't able to make the swap but I think I'm going to wait until May 14th when the 928 and who knows what else gets officially announced. I'm guessing the 920 will drop in price a bit when that happens and who knows maybe the EOS will be announced or if I'm real lucky they'll announce the 920 for Tmobile and I can just pick it up with them.

Thanks much for all your help!
    04-29-2013 12:34 PM
    Hmmm, I swear I posted this yesterday but it doesn't look like it went through...

After going to check out the phone I backed out. The guy I was buying it from seemed a little sketchy and the upper left hand corner of the screen didn't 'pop' but felt real spongy. There was a tiny chip in the glass on the bottom right too so I think he probably dropped it at some point while it was outside of a case. I'm pretty bummed I wasn't able to make the swap but I think I'm going to wait until May 14th when the 928 and who knows what else gets officially announced. I'm guessing the 920 will drop in price a bit when that happens and who knows maybe the EOS will be announced or if I'm real lucky they'll announce the 920 for Tmobile and I can just pick it up with them.

Thanks much for all your help!
    smart move
    04-29-2013 12:41 PM
    I just wouldn't trust a phone from Craigslist.

But there are just a few issues, like the dust under FFC.
    I am on my first 920 and it is getting a little dirty under the front facing camera too.
    04-29-2013 04:34 PM
    Weren't you complaining about Microsoft and Windows Phone in other threads here? Then you go out and allegedly buy a 920 just 5 days ago after all your ranting and raving?

Yeah sure...

FUD it is
    Sorry for my silly replies. I was angry because of that frustrating screen issue. And was a bit disappointed by apps. But I figured out Android apps aren't better :D yes I bought it because Android is laggy, iPhone is expensive and boring. But that doesn't mean windows phone doesn't have flaws, the biggest one is missing support, even from its creators. Now I stopped using it till June because I must study hard for my exams. I will come back soon :D my father is caring about the service. NOTE: I still couldn't get what FUD means :D
    04-29-2013 04:38 PM
    Sorry for my silly replies. I was angry because of that frustrating screen issue. And was a bit disappointed by apps. But I figured out Android apps aren't better :D yes I bought it because Android is laggy, iPhone is expensive and boring. But that doesn't mean windows phone doesn't have flaws, the biggest one is missing support, even from its creators. Now I stopped using it till June because I must study hard for my exams. I will come back soon :D my father is caring about the service. NOTE: I still couldn't get what FUD means :D
    Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

What country do you live in and what provider? I'm in the US and have had no issues with support from ATT and Nokia.

The problem is you just come in stomping around with a tantrum about horrible support but don't explain the context of the issue.

And considering most of us have had great support, it sounds more like BS and FUD than any real problem with the phone/support.
    04-29-2013 08:36 PM
    Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

What country do you live in and what provider? I'm in the US and have had no issues with support from ATT and Nokia.

The problem is you just come in stomping around with a tantrum about horrible support but don't explain the context of the issue.

And considering most of us have had great support, it sounds more like BS and FUD than any real problem with the phone/support.
    I'm living in Turkey. I bought it from mediamarkt for $800. Don't you get angry if something that you bought for $800 appears to be broken? We will see what will happen about the support. The reason why you get good support and I don't is simple, I live in Turkey and you live in US. Unlike there, provider which you bought phone from doesn't care about you and they send you to Nokia. I thought all phones have this issue but I figured out they don't. I just wanted to tell him my experience.
    04-30-2013 03:08 AM
    I'm living in Turkey. I bought it from mediamarkt for $800. Don't you get angry if something that you bought for $800 appears to be broken? We will see what will happen about the support. The reason why you get good support and I don't is simple, I live in Turkey and you live in US. Unlike there, provider which you bought phone from doesn't care about you and they send you to Nokia. I thought all phones have this issue but I figured out they don't. I just wanted to tell him my experience.
    Just a few pointers:

1. The SGS2 and Lumia 920 does NOT use the same GPU. The SGS2 uses a Mali400 and the Lumia 920 uses an Adreno 225. The Adreno 220 and the Mali400 was about the same (slight better FPS on the Adreno 220), but the 225 has twice the processing power compared to the older Adreno 220. The Adreno 225 clearly outperforms the Mali400 even though the resolution on the 920 is much higher.
    2. MediaMarkt is known for always blaming everybody else and not caring about support issues... Unfortunately. They (most of the times) have great prices, but it comes with the expense of bad customer support. Contact Nokia directly if you have a problem with your Nokias and I'm sure you will get alot more support.
    3. I've never heard of any of the problems that you and the Turkish MM says are common... That's probably the reason why people are a little defensive about your claims. I'm not calling you a liar, but I do believe MM lied to you to get out of their commitments.
    04-30-2013 04:54 AM
    Just a few pointers:

1. The SGS2 and Lumia 920 does NOT use the same GPU. The SGS2 uses a Mali400 and the Lumia 920 uses an Adreno 225. The Adreno 220 and the Mali400 was about the same (slight better FPS on the Adreno 220), but the 225 has twice the processing power compared to the older Adreno 220. The Adreno 225 clearly outperforms the Mali400 even though the resolution on the 920 is much higher.
    2. MediaMarkt is known for always blaming everybody else and not caring about support issues... Unfortunately. They (most of the times) have great prices, but it comes with the expense of bad customer support. Contact Nokia directly if you have a problem with your Nokias and I'm sure you will get alot more support.
    3. I've never heard of any of the problems that you and the Turkish MM says are common... That's probably the reason why people are a little defensive about your claims. I'm not calling you a liar, but I do believe MM lied to you to get out of their commitments.
    I thought 920 had adreno 220. Sorry for that. But temple run still lags more than galaxy wonder. I hope it's because of bad port. I will try to contact Nokia when I get my phone back. Why should I lie about a phone that I waited 5 months to buy?
    04-30-2013 06:04 AM
    I thought 920 had adreno 220. Sorry for that. But temple run still lags more than galaxy wonder. I hope it's because of bad port. I will try to contact Nokia when I get my phone back. Why should I lie about a phone that I waited 5 months to buy?
    As i mentioned prior, i find Temple Run is lagless on my Lumia 920 compared to my S3. Its very possible you got a bad L920 with major issues.
    04-30-2013 09:08 AM
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...a-820-why.html

Maybe your s3 is bad. S3 plays temple run at maximum fps so you can't get higher smoothness on Lumia..
    04-30-2013 09:38 AM
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...a-820-why.html

Maybe your s3 is bad. S3 plays temple run at maximum fps so you can't get higher smoothness on Lumia..
    Thats possible, i never said Winwdows definitely runs it better...im just basing it on my experience :p
    farukdgn likes this.
    04-30-2013 01:12 PM
    I switched to the 920 which is the prettiest phone I've ever used - this from an iphone 5. I gave the phone over a week but I've just had to switch back to the iphone until such time Windows 8 and/or Nokia offer some basic capabilities -

- carddav and caldev support; relying on Google as the 3rd party platform for this information isn't helpful, duplicate entries, missing accounts.
    - call/sms filtering & blocking app
    - Canadian bank mobile apps besides ING

Also, coming from a Mac environment, if someone, someplace better explained Outlook, Office, Office 365, etc. I wouldn't have picked up 3 new and different email addresses. A single, integrated email app would be great that also supported external imap accounts. The linked inbox feature is handy but at least once a day my external imap accounts kept losing their stored information and had to be recreated.

I'll keep watching and testing but have to keep my iphone going until Windows 8 has these features. If you have to get a Windows 8 phone though, none better than Noika and the 920.
    farukdgn likes this.
    05-01-2013 09:49 AM
    Aren't you a bit young to be using an Iphone Kerry?
    05-02-2013 02:09 AM
47 12