Camera Focus issue on 920

Nokia_Man_USA

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I am having an issue with my 920 not locking in with proper focus. This occurs in good lighting using both methods to focus. My phone is an At&t version and is updated. the problem is not specific to my phone because I replaced my unit last week and the problem is still present in the replacement. When attempting to focus it cycles to the perfect crisp depth and then passes it bye to locks in to a blurry incorrect distance. I have tried all troubleshooting steps with no luck.....

Cobthaich

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue and recently posted about it. What firmware are you using. Have you tried Pro Shot and placing focus on manual and infinite, that works all the time for me, the auto focus doesn't catch for some reason ever since I updated to 1308

Erik Larsson

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Same here, after 1308 the focus is off every time. Starting to hate Nokia for constantly bringing new problems with every firmware, and this one is the worst yet. My camera is as of now completely useless.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar problem with 1308. It's not noticeable quite so much in the camera in my case, but it's particularly noticeable when I'm trying to scan QR codes - the phone will cycle straight past good focus into a blur, meaning it takes an age to read the barcode - it seems to me like the focal distance settings have been lengthened, perhaps to try and improve long distance sharpness?

Oh how I wish nfc would take off :( QR codes really are hopeless...

dht1986

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
There is definitely a quality control issue with the camera on this phone. The focusing problems you described match those that I had to a tee. The Camera App with manual focus worked for me, but I didn't buy this phone to have to manually focus all the time. I got a new phone from AT&T, and it works perfectly. Its a pain to switch, but you'll be so much happier

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett