Anyone jogging.running with Lumia 920?

leebaboon

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to get back into training for a marathon in 12 months time and am looking to use my Lumia 920 for both music and run logging. Just wondering if there are any other runners on here who would be good enough to post their setup.

Was thinking some kind of armband (which worked well with my old Iphone setup) although I have no experience of running apps on this platform. So, what works for you guys/gals??

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I use Caledos Runner and am very pleased with it. It uses runkeeper as it's backend. I am still looking for a nice arm band but I do use the bike mount they sell in the store here and I'm pretty happy with it. The fit is a little tight but overall it works well.

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I run with my 920
Endomundo(free) is the tracker I use it has just been updated to use the background gps api so it can run completely in background e.g behind another app, This is great for me as I like to use zombies run aswell when I run, not sure if other running app have been updated with this yet (its a wp8 feature)
Word of warning though apps like endomundo dont work well with 3rd party music clients e.g spotify, as if they speak (voice coach) then they can pause spotify but cant start it playing again. but I just use the normal music now.
I have an armband that I used on my titan just a cheap one from amazon and cut a new hole for my headphones.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have endomondo and runtastic pro but it use runtastic pro the most. But I don't use the heart monitor thing, don't need it.

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Endomondo is good when it works, but the past few times I tried using it, it just would take forever to get the GPS services to work, when I hit the map it finds me, but if I want to start running it says it's still locating. Since that wasn't working, I started using Caledos, which has worked quite well. I got an armband at Best Buy that was for a Galaxy I think, it's a good size, but still need a new hole for the earbuds, though I'd rather get a bluetooth headset since the cable is hindering my running.

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I run with my 920. I use Runtastic Pro, which I find pretty decent.
Here in India, I could not find a suitable armband, hence I'm forced to run while holding the phone in hand, or keeping it in the pocket - both are crazily irritating.
If anyone from India is using an armband, please post a link from where I could buy one. Thnx

Axefield

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I think Lumia 920 is not the best device to track and play music while running. In this case it just weighs too much and sharp corners makes it too big for small pockets like I have in my running pants. And the fact that I can't use audio coach on Endomondo while using Spotify is just killing me. I'm seriously considering on getting some Android phone or iPhone just for my training.

edit. So is Endomondo with audio coach working correctly together with Nokia Music?

j3reun

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey there runners,

I also run with my 920, just bought a brand new armband. It's perfect because the phone fits perfectly ( with the original nokia CC1043 case). The brand of the armband is "Muvit" and it's the XL model!
I used to run with an iPhone 4s combination with an Belkin armband, and this is just the same experience. I was wondering if the 920 wasn't too heavy but i don't really notice the differance anyway..

I also tried a few WP8 running apps, i was used to use RunKeeper on my Apple device. But this app isn't available in the store. Now i mostly use endomondo or Caledos Runner to track my runs
Sometimes i just listen to my local music library but i just discovered that putting a nokia music mix can be really cool during a run..

feel free to add me on Endomondo =D , search for: Jeroen Laarveld

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I got my arm band at the HEB in san Antonio, its by Tune Belt and the model# is AB84. Their site is tunebelt.com. It fits perfect and has a little Velcro part to shorten the wires to your headphones so your hands don't snag them, which I used to happen.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Now that Runtastic Pro updated a few days ago, it works perfectly with my 920! Love running with it. Although, I haven't figured out why it shows the amount of times I've run on the livetile... Seems weird to see a '3' in the top right corner...

mattcald

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Runtastic pro here. Had used Endomondo previously. When Runtastic Pro was $.99, I switched to it. Works great with Pandora.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I trail jog with my L920 using a belt holster and Runtastic Pro. I have several cardio music playlists which I have download to the phone. Runtastic Pro works fine except the distance is not always accurate. I run a marked trail one day it will register 4 miles, the same trail the next day will register 3.5 miles. I don't know if this is problem with Runtastic, the L920 or Windows Phone. Honestly, this is the only issue I have with this phone. I am going to try using some other navigation programs and see if I continue to get inconsistent distances.

m4tthall

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I use Endomondo and it works fine. As said previously though, you have to use the standard music player or it turns off the music as it tells you how far you have got. I found the distance to be accurate, although it wasn't quite right until a recent update. I like the website and how it shares with my friends. With regard to the phone size and weight while jogging, I don't have a problem. In the winter it simply went in my jacket's zipped pocket. Now the weather is a little warmer it goes in my shorts pocket. I don't notice it while running.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I also use Runtastic Pro. I love the app it works flawlessly every time. I just put the phone in my pocket right now but have been looking around for a armband. Let me know how that one works for you I may pick it up myself.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I use Runtastic Pro. It's a bit pricey imo, especially when the WP app misses some of the features that Runtastic provide on other platforms such as performance graphs. Also, I think the online Gold membership is far too expensive. Sports Tracker app and online service is free....major downside is that their WP app was made for WP7 and is far too basic. They say they're working on a WP8 app and compatible HRM belt but are unable to give any specifics on it.

I'd really like to be able to use a Bluetooth HRM on my 920 so I'm waiting to see whether Runtastic or Sports Tracker come up with the goods first. Not too keen on getting the Runtastic HRM with the plugin receiver as the 920 is already kinda big.

alaskanjackson

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I have run about 450 miles with my 920. Keep in mind I live in SE Alaska, we get an average of 12 feet (yes feet) of rain a year. I usually put the phone in a Ziploc sandwich bag when I run. I have dropped it multiple times and it just gets back up and keeps working. I use the free version of endomondo and it works well. I have been looking for some good wireless earbuds and would be interested in what other folks use?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs