Live Tile updating / Lock Screen update

mihirt7

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have enabled background tasks for My stocks portfolio and Locksider+.
But the tiles won't update neither would lockscreen change . Tried changing the update settings from 1 hour to 1 day but nothing changed

Tried blocking the background task, checking the box to start when the app is opened again. Tried uninstalling and restarting the phone but nothing helps.

I also tried to enable background task for couple of other apps "newser" and "espnfc" but even they do not update. Even my pictures tile will not cycle through the images.

Do anyone of you have a solution to this.??

I am on 1232.5962.1314.0001 firmware version. L920

Is anyone else seeing this issue.??

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
When did it stop working or has it always been an issue? The fact that native apps like the Photo hub don't update sounds like you have a pretty big issue and not the typical 3rd party app tile issue. Try disabling all background tasks, un-pin all live tiles (Not static ones, just the ones that actually have live updates) and clear your IE history then reboot the phone. Restart the apps that have live tiles and make sure they are enabled in background tasks again (If they were there before) and re-pin the tiles, see if that helps. It may take a number of hours before they all get going again.

mihirt7

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
this started a couple of weeks back... Well i uninstalled all of the apps that have live tiles and then pinned them back after installing...
I will try the IE history thing and see if that helps...

would clearing the temp using nokia storage app affect this..
i have done that a couple of times..

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
this started a couple of weeks back... Well i uninstalled all of the apps that have live tiles and then pinned them back after installing...
I will try the IE history thing and see if that helps...

would clearing the temp using nokia storage app affect this..
i have done that a couple of times..

No that should not affect anything to my knowledge. I have used it with no issues.

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Found this thread searching for a solution to the same problem

Last couple weeks or more none of my large sized live tiles aren't updating, WPCentral tile and Amazing Weather tile never ever update.

I have unpinned, uninstalled, set everything up exactly right, but they never update until I tap them to open the app, then they update once only

Last edited:

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Found this thread searching for a solution to the same problem

Last couple weeks or more none of my large sized live tiles are updating, WPCentral tile and Amazing Weather tile never ever update.

I have unpinned, uninstalled, set everything up exactly right, but they never update until I tap them to open the app, then they update once only

That's how mine work, except my weather tile has stopped working completely. Its really ticking me off.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Amazing Weather has been very temperamental lately, I notice it updating on it's own schedule (randomly every 1-8 hours or so). I haven't spoken to the devs, maybe it's a back-end thing, because it IS updating now and then for me, but nowhere near as reliably as it normally does. All my other tiles work perfectly otherwise.

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
That's how mine work, except my weather tile has stopped working completely. Its really ticking me off.

Edited my post, I meant to say "Aren't working" not 'Are'

My weather tile works, but refuses to update on its own, I've just made Amazing Weather and WPCentral tiles normal sized to see if they will start updating again as my other News360 and Engadget normal sized tiles work fine

I'm guessing its a WP7.8 issue again

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Amazing Weather has been very temperamental lately, I notice it updating on it's own schedule (randomly every 1-8 hours or so). I haven't spoken to the devs, maybe it's a back-end thing, because it IS updating now and then for me, but nowhere near as reliably as it normally does. All my other tiles work perfectly otherwise.

Mine will go for days without updating

roc 920

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Same here.. My WPCentral and weather live tiles arent updating either.. Not only that, my Fuse, Battery, #2instawithlove and a few other have the same issue.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Amazing Weather doesn't update for me neither. Did all the above, uninstalling, unpinning, disabling the live updates and the reverse. But mothers works. Goes without updating until I update it. Battery monitors don't work neither. All of that worked and I don't know what happened.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have been researching a bit, these stopping of auto updates usually come after a system instability which either resolves (after some stuttering), or SOD (when u have to do a soft reset). Now I had several issues and tried everything, nothing helped. Then I discovered that the simpliest solution is the best.
I do a power off, wait for about a minute, then power on. And, voila, everything is up and running.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte