The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I'm an elevator mechanic in NYC and and I deal with alot grease,dirt and grit. Surprisingly I haven't scratched my 920 yet as I use it on a daily basis with greasy and dirty hands. I need a good screen protect that wont give me that orange peel effect and wont damage the screen (I read a few posts about screens being damaged due to the glue or something) any suggestions would be great.
    05-03-2013 07:32 PM
    I've tried all of them on various devices and for my money, nothing beats PhantomSkinz. No orange-peel or haziness and they last forever.

They also make some pretty cool body covers with chromatic and wood grain effects.
    05-03-2013 08:08 PM
    I had Ghost Armor put on mine. Front and back. It wraps around the body very well but does leave a small bit of the screen edges bare.

It's a wet install but no orange peel. I used to use Zagg all the time and put up with the orange peel but this one is great. The screen feels as smooth as the bare glass. I hated the rubbery feel of the old wet installs. I had it put on at the mall because, although I've done many wet installs, it is well worth the $15 they charged to ensure a perfect install. If they screw it up they pay for the reapplication and materials. Plus they have a drying 'oven' that seems to shrink it to fit. Possibily my imagination but it seems to work better and is smoother and clearer than my own installs.

I have put this on my phone, my son's phone, my iPad, my husband's iPad, and both of the iPads my grandkids have. So far (some have been on for close to two years) they have proven to be pretty much indestructible. I now won't have any device with a screen without Ghost Armor. But I must say that I hear the new Zagg and a couple more of the wet installs are very good these days too. I was participating in a thread a few months back and I posted pics and so did another member who had a different brand. I'll look around and see if I can find it and post the link. There was some good info on several protectors posted.
    05-03-2013 08:14 PM
    Grrrr, I can't find that other thread. But here's the screen shot of my screen. I do remember one of the other posters had one that I thought had better screen coverage. I 'think' it was Skinomi.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    05-03-2013 08:37 PM
    is that a matte screen protector?
    05-03-2013 09:11 PM
    Bodyguardz gets my vote for favorite screen protectors. They have a standard tough, clear screen protector/full body and they also have a matte anti glare screen protector (not sure if this is full body; good if you use your phone outside a lot) and you can buy them right from WPCentral's store :)
    05-03-2013 09:16 PM
    05-03-2013 09:16 PM
    Bodyguardz gets my vote for favorite screen protectors. They have a standard tough, clear screen protector/full body and they also have a matte anti glare screen protector (not sure if this is full body; good if you use your phone outside a lot) and you can buy them right from WPCentral's store :)
    I've tried a few matte anti-glare screen protectors from ebay...but all of them make the screen look so pixelated...are there any out there that would keep the crispness of the screen?
    05-03-2013 09:21 PM
    is that a matte screen protector?
    If you mean mine, no, it's just a clear Ghost Armor.
    05-04-2013 12:59 AM
    I've bought a bunch of these: 6X Schutzfolien Ultraclear FR Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay

Really cheap and actually verrrrry good. I also bought a bunch of different Chinese ones (horrible).

10/10 recommend these. For the price you might as well give em a shot.
    05-04-2013 01:22 AM
    Grrrr, I can't find that other thread. But here's the screen shot of my screen. I do remember one of the other posters had one that I thought had better screen coverage. I 'think' it was Skinomi.
    That was probably me. It's OK but I can't stand all the scuff marks left behind. I guess that's what other people call orange peel effect.

I really want a dry one now... I want to take the skinomi one off.

By the way it looks like your protector is covering the proximity sensor. Haven't you had problems with the phone going dark while on a call even if the phone is not against your face?
    05-04-2013 03:28 PM
    GHOST ARMOR!! I have used this since my HTC HD7 and now on my Nokia Lumia 920, and it works great..No haziness, orange, or pixilation whatsoever. Plus, if ANYTHING (and I do mean ANYTHING) happens to the protector, you can go and get it replaced for only their $5 installation fee!
    05-04-2013 09:18 PM
    Invisible shield is what I use on all my devices.
    05-04-2013 09:43 PM
    That was probably me. It's OK but I can't stand all the scuff marks left behind. I guess that's what other people call orange peel effect.

I really want a dry one now... I want to take the skinomi one off.

By the way it looks like your protector is covering the proximity sensor. Haven't you had problems with the phone going dark while on a call even if the phone is not against your face?
    Yes it does cover the sensor but I haven't had any issues with it not working correctly. I've had my phone since Nov 12th and put the Ghost Armor on about 2 weeks later. I've been very happy with it.
    05-04-2013 11:35 PM
    Can you confirm if these German screen protectors extend to the edge of the screen? 6X Schutzfolien Ultraclear FR Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay

thanks
    Bob
    05-06-2013 06:59 PM
    Can you confirm if these German screen protectors extend to the edge of the screen? 6X Schutzfolien Ultraclear FR Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay

thanks
    Bob
    They dont go all the way to the edge of the bezel (curved glass prevents that), just to the edge of the screen.
    05-06-2013 07:32 PM
    They dont go all the way to the edge of the bezel (curved glass prevents that), just to the edge of the screen.
    That seems quite small then. I don't need them to go to the edge, but the edge of the screen was much less than I was expecting. You think you could post a picture?
    05-06-2013 07:40 PM