Dead Pixels on my Lumia 920

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I am quite upset. This morning I was playing Cut the Rope Experiments for a bit and then had to leave to run some errands. Next time I pulled my phone out, there was a solid line of dead pixels from top to bottom right down the smack dab middle of the phone.

Just got off the phone with ATT and they are sending me a replacement. Sucks because I have some apps on my phone that were yanked from the store. So that means I am losing them and all my progress in my other games yet AGAIN!

This happen to anybody else?

*sigh*

20130506_151351.jpg

Last edited:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Haven't heard about it on the 920 before. I've seen it on other phones before though. While losing some apps stinks, at least you are getting a new phone!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Haven't seen this before but this is an LED display and everyone using this is primed to losing a pixel. I don't read many stories about this happening though. The good news is, you won't have to live with it long. Sorry bout your apps though. I got a game on my 900 (Xbox game Super Monkey Ball 2) the developer allowed us early birds to get free license for the game and somehow the developer decided if I wanted to continue using my license (on my 920) I had to buy it. So they could go kick rocks.

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that was quick. Got my new phone this morning. Am scrambling to get through Angry Birds the original which is one of the games I am going to lose. Need those achievements!

Ed_Charbeneau

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem and received the same support.

Woke up to a dead row of pixels right down the center of the screen, pretty much in the same spot as the OP image. (mine was blue instead of pink)
Called ATT, walked through their trouble shooting steps, power cycle, factory reset, etc...
Factory reset bricked my phone
Warranty repair issued, ATT overnight-ed the phone at no cost

Nunya Bidniss

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Stoneysilence:

I had the exact same problem with my 920. I got it back in early December and one day recently, there was a column of stuck pixels all the way down the screen, about 25% in from left. I called AT&T about warranty replacement and the lady said to do a backup and a factory reset (the one that wipes everything and takes it back to zero). The factory reset attempt bricked my phone; all I got were spinning gears for 8+ hours. I called again, saying I'd need a replacement, and the rep said they'd send me one, but the damage I was describing was usually not covered b/c it was the user's fault. Combing around on various forums, I found the pixel issue fairly widespread, but even more common was the bricking upon attempting a factory reset. I got the new phone (black, though they knew mine was red[?]), which seems to have issues of its own, but it's better than staring at stuck pixels all day. Here's hoping they don't give me a hard time when I send this one back. The rep seemed to think I was in for a $429 charge for damaging my phone.

Luckily, if you've put the Windows Phone app on your computer, your apps are all there in your Windows Phone account. Stuff you've already paid for (and stuff that was free) stays there so you can reinstall. Since I'd backed up before I tried the factory reset on the old phone, even stuff that was done in an app (lists I made in OneNote, old texts) was on SkyDrive & I got them all back. You're right about the Angry Birds, though -- none of my progress carried over.

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Well a update to this thread: Got my new phone. It's ear piece speaker was blown. Am sending it back. They sent me another one. But this one keeps rebooting on me out of the blue and died with 30% battery left. Will probably have to send it back to. If I do that will make 5 Nokia Lumia's now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs