My Lumia 920 just came back from third holiday in service center. Still it has gaps between screen and body, in which i can put my fingernail. There's more, the repair center forgot to send back the key to the sim tray... I requested a new unit from Nokia via e-mail today after my first attempt failed. I just don't know if I'm paranoid or something, but these gaps and screen unevenly put into the body is not what I've imagined after reading about "perfect unibody design". Anybody had similar experiences, was stuck with repair circle without exchange? Man, I love WP8 and the device itself, but I'm sick of these circle of sending my phone over and over again. I guess it's an early unit - on the box there is a sticker with 920.1 printed on it. But hey, I've paid a lot of money for the phone and want it in flawless form.
    rimlover likes this.
    05-06-2013 06:11 PM
    You may want to e-mail Stephen Elop. It'll get forwarded to a special customer service branch and they'll take care of you.

I once sent in my 920 for repair, found it came back scratched, did the above, and ended up with a brand new in sealed retail box Lumia 920. They also let me switch colors too.

It may help to include pictures too.

stephen.elop@nokia.com
    05-06-2013 06:21 PM
    Would be sweet, but I'm afraid it won't do in my case. I'm from Poland.
    05-06-2013 06:22 PM
    It doesn't matter! That's the beauty of it!
    05-06-2013 06:24 PM
    You're sure about that? Couple of hours earlier I've wrote to my local Nokia unit about replacement. Maybe now they'll do smth in my case.
    05-06-2013 06:28 PM
    send another email to Elop. They will take care.. Many pple have been doing that.
    05-06-2013 06:44 PM
    Yeah, but as I said before, I'm from Poland, Central Europe. Don't think that US/Canadian Nokia branch will be able to help me.
    05-06-2013 06:46 PM
    nothing wrong in trying.
    05-06-2013 06:55 PM
    My Lumia 920 just came back from third holiday in service center. Still it has gaps between screen and body, in which i can put my fingernail. There's more, the repair center forgot to send back the key to the sim tray... I requested a new unit from Nokia via e-mail today after my first attempt failed. I just don't know if I'm paranoid or something, but these gaps and screen unevenly put into the body is not what I've imagined after reading about "perfect unibody design". Anybody had similar experiences, was stuck with repair circle without exchange? Man, I love WP8 and the device itself, but I'm sick of these circle of sending my phone over and over again. I guess it's an early unit - on the box there is a sticker with 920.1 printed on it. But hey, I've paid a lot of money for the phone and want it in flawless form.
    is your gap on the left hand side? i returned my phone 3 times thus far (literally been in repair longer than i had it) and i think i know what you're talking about. if it's on the left hand side i think that's a part of the design because all 3 that i got back had the same space (i didn't send all 3 for the same thing). my first phone was for a gap (which now i realized that it's a part of the design), second phone bricked, 3rd had a clicking sound at the top, near the FFC.
    05-06-2013 07:01 PM
    I can put my fingernail between screen and the body in certain points on the sides of the phone and there's a gap on the top. When I was getting my phone today from the repair service my friend noticed that screen in not evenly put into the body. Really sucks.
    05-06-2013 07:05 PM
    Yeah, but as I said before, I'm from Poland, Central Europe. Don't think that US/Canadian Nokia branch will be able to help me.
    I don't think it matters. You're not contacting the North American branch, you're contacting corporate. Isn't Elop in Finland anyway? They'll forward it to the right people.

The escalation team will e-mail you back and ask for a phone number. They also said something like "our local Nokia customer care team will get back to your shortly."

When I gave them my number I gave the entire number (including country code) and mentioned I was in the States. The person who calls will probably be in the Philippines anyway. I think they use Skype. However, the warehouse they use to ship and receive phones should be within your country. I think it's outsourced too. The address I had to ship the phone to came back as a customer service company if I remember correctly.
    05-06-2013 07:06 PM
    Ok, I've just send Mr. Elop an e-mail.
    05-06-2013 07:11 PM
    Let us know how it goes.
    05-06-2013 07:23 PM
    There's more, the repair center forgot to send back the key to the sim tray...
    Same thing happened to me! 6 months later when i went to open the box, it magically fell out from some hidden crevice in the box!! (Take a look around in every corner, it might be there)
    05-06-2013 07:33 PM
    Thanks for support guys. I've just recieved an email form Nokia Poland that they will investigate my problem, as well as Nokia Costumer Support.
    05-07-2013 04:16 AM
    Ok Nokia Poland agreed to give my a new phone, but not a new boxed unit, just a new unit within my guarantee. Hope it will be good.
    Last edited by Psyk00; 05-07-2013 at 09:55 AM.
    alpinestars1z likes this.
    05-07-2013 06:25 AM
    Ok Nokia Poland agreed to give my a new phone, but not a new boxed version, just a new unit within my guarantee. Hope it will be good.
    Congrats, hopefully it all works out for you!
    05-07-2013 08:17 AM
    Ok Nokia Poland agreed to give my a new phone, but not a new boxed unit, just a new unit within my guarantee. Hope it will be good.
    lucky. this is the 4th time i send in the phone for repair and i got back the same unit that was defective. let's see if they actually fixed the clicking sound. who knows maybe my next step is to email the CEO. congrats on for you though :)
    05-07-2013 12:58 PM
    Write to Stephen Elop, it should be enough to get a replacement. I'm really surprised that CEO of Nokia wrote back to me in a matter of hours. Mr. Elop really cares.
    Robot_Man, anon5664829 and ktl88 like this.
    05-07-2013 07:45 PM
    Write to Stephen Elop, it should be enough to get a replacement. I'm really surprised that CEO of Nokia wrote back to me in a matter of hours. Mr. Elop really cares.
    Ya just waiting to see how this one works out. Maybe they actually fixed it (but I doubt it) btw it's not actually elop that's responding. He has a whole team that reads and replies to those emails. But I'm glad it worked for you:) was the return time on the new device quicker than the usually 2 week period?
    05-08-2013 12:27 PM
    The guys at Orange told me that I should get a new phone in 3 or 4 days.
    05-08-2013 01:00 PM
    ya, i just contacted nokia about the problem and i emailed the CEO about the problem. honestly i'm so fed up. i literally had the phone less than 2 weeks and i bought it all the way in march. i think i'm just going to keep it and buy the new lumia when ever it comes. it's just sad to see because if i wasn't a die hard MS/nokia fan then i would honestly not advice a single soul to buy nokia anymore.
    05-08-2013 04:21 PM
    Just emailed mr elop yesterday, and got an answer today. I have to send my crappy 920 to the regular servicepoint. No Nokia care in norway.

edit: hope i get a New one that i could sell, so that i can by an ativ s (cheap).
    05-08-2013 05:14 PM
    Ok, just got a new unit, looks perferct, but there's one thing. The vibration is weak, don't remember how it was in the previous device. Is it normal?
    05-17-2013 05:23 AM
    ttttttttttt
    Last edited by Corto_Maltese; 07-05-2013 at 06:11 AM.
    05-17-2013 07:52 AM