Anyone seeing this? Amazon already selling factory unlocked 920's?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
There have been unlocked 920s up there for awhile. I was doing extensive research on finding one with the best price and that would work on T-Mobile (although the one I ended up getting was from Negri, not Amazon). I imagine this one would work on Straight Talk, but since they're apparently only offering T-Mo SIMs at this time, I'm not sure what kind of speeds it would get unless you're in an already refarmed area.

nameis_taken

May 7, 2013
Visit site
There have been unlocked 920s up there for awhile. I was doing extensive research on finding one with the best price and that would work on T-Mobile (although the one I ended up getting was from Negri, not Amazon). I imagine this one would work on Straight Talk, but since they're apparently only offering T-Mo SIMs at this time, I'm not sure what kind of speeds it would get unless you're in an already refarmed area.

So with an unlock I can use T-mobiles 1700mhz HSPA+???

That is all T-mobile offers for my location. So the link I posted I can use that on t-mobile?

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't really go into detail what bands this phone operates on except for saying that it works on all GSM except for Sprint and Nextel. Wonder if this is 1700 mhz compatible.

ROne21

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

That is all T-mobile offers for my location. So the link I posted I can use that on t-mobile?

No, you don't get the 1700mhz frequency that Tmobile uses with the factory unlocked L920....you'll only get 3G with it. I've bought one here locally(Chicago) and I am with Tmobile. On certain spots, I would get the "H+" signal but only for a few seconds then it goes back to 3G. I took a screen shot of when I got the H+ signal along with some details....take a look

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130425_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20130425_0001.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 1
  • wp_ss_20130425_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20130425_0002.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 1301969.png
    1301969.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 92

nameis_taken

May 7, 2013
Visit site
No, you don't get the 1700mhz frequency that Tmobile uses with the factory unlocked L920....you'll only get 3G with it. I've bought one here locally(Chicago) and I am with Tmobile. On certain spots, I would get the "H+" signal but only for a few seconds then it goes back to 3G. I took a screen shot of when I got the H+ signal along with some details....take a look

So if you cant get the HSPA+.......how is it that you stumble into it for a few moments then it drops?

Here is an e-mail conversation with Unlockexpress.com

Me:
1) Does your unlock also unlock the 1700mhz freq range for Tmobile HSPA+?
2) And what is the difference between your unlock and ATT offering unlocked Nokia Lumia 920's? And Amazon offering the same?

Response:
Yes we retrieve factory unlock code for your Lumia 920 and after you insert that, phone will work on any carrier in any part of the world. Amazon is offering unlocked Lumia which is basically the same thing as you would buy a phone on the contract from at&t and then order a unlock code from us after what your phone becomes unlocked as well and now if you would go and sell it on ebay/amazon you could advertise it as unlocked device as well. I hope this clarify's these little details for you but if you happen to have any other questions or concerns then please let me know. We just recently updated our Lumia 920 server and codes are retrieved in 48 to 72 hours now.

Me:
To dig further, with your unlock can it be used on T-mobiles HSPA+ 4g data network running on the 1700mhz freq range?
If you can guarantee that it will, I will be using your company for business.

Response:
I can assure you that after you receive an unlock code from us it will permanently unlock your device and you will get to use it on ANY (Included T-Mobile 4g Data Network) carrier you choose from.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Depending on your location, and whether it's been refarmed, you could see H on the phone, which is supposed to be 3.5G speeds. Definitely do your research about all of the above, though, before making a purchase.

nameis_taken

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Depending on your location, and whether it's been refarmed, you could see H on the phone, which is supposed to be 3.5G speeds. Definitely do your research about all of the above, though, before making a purchase.

Right now in my area HSPA+ and HSPA is available......all my phone says is 4G, with full bars at the T-Mobile store vs an HTC 8X......same speedtest my phone gets 2.4mb down 160 up......8X gets 10meg down and 2 meg up.

So as long as HSPA+ is unlocked on the Lumia 920 it should work perfect on T-mobile.

I may have to do more research though. ugh.....its almost too much work to get a bad *** phone onto a cheap carrier.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Right now in my area HSPA+ and HSPA is available......all my phone says is 4G, with full bars at the T-Mobile store vs an HTC 8X......same speedtest my phone gets 2.4mb down 160 up......8X gets 10meg down and 2 meg up.

So as long as HSPA+ is unlocked on the Lumia 920 it should work perfect on T-mobile.

I may have to do more research though. ugh.....its almost too much work to get a bad *** phone onto a cheap carrier.

Well, if worse comes to worse, you could always wait for the Lumia 925 aka Catwalk, which is supposed to be available through T-Mo at the end of June.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12