Connectivity Issues with 1314 firmware Lumia 920

razer_X_123

May 8, 2013
Visit site
So I have the lumia 920 and for whatever reason there are some really bad connectivity issues. I have reset, soft reset, and talked to ATT support to see if there was an issue on their end and it has come up short.

I have the 1314 update installed the phone shows 3 bars of 4G but it is really really slow and sometimes it does not even connect.

Here are my troubleshooting steps so far:
reset phone with volume - and lock button for 10 seconds, Helps for awhile but it still fails after a bit
cycle airplane mode, again seems to help but then it fails again

Anyone else have this problem? I dont want to hard reset the phone but I am thinking that I may have to.

Last edited:

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
download nokia lumia pusher, make sure all is updated. you can use download access point and change the lte 2 if in US. Make sure LTE is availabe in your area

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm having similar issues, driving me crazy today, Full bar LTE but no data being transmitted, then it drops out for no reason, goes to 4G, stuck on 4G, drops out again. Access point switching doesn't really do anything that I've noticed, the only thing that helps is resetting the phone, but it'll go back to connection issues very shortly.

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Could be a overload in your cell tower? airport plane mode temporary helps. This used to happen to me all the time on 3g downtown Chicago. LTE is fine here.

Adnan Shahid1

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Pakistan user:

These problems not related to network locked 920s (AT&T/Rogers) etc. only. It's a global **** up!!

Firmware 1308
Unlocked phone on Mobilink Pakistan network, purchased from Nokia authorized dealer in Islamabad.

After update, severe connectivity issues on Edge network (that's the best we have here). Have to manually switch off/on radio through flight mode to temporarily fix the connectivity issue which sooner or later comes back. Signal strength at all times between 5 to 3 bars which is good enough for data.
Tiles do not update automatically especially the weather tile.
Calls drop, incoming and outgoing both.
Missed text messages.
Sudden signal fluctuation and drop especially when answering an incoming call. drops from 5 bars to 3 in an instant when receiving a call.
Phone heating issue above camera with even low usage or even simple charging.
Bluetooth connectivity issues.
Very fast battery drainage even on standby.
Extremely low browsing speed data download and upload both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo