Nokia Bluetooth Issues

williegeenutz

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm prolly beating a dead horse here, but is anyone else having issues with bluetooth?

I have a L920 and tried connecting to a buddy's portable speaker last weekend. Connectivity was hit or miss on one of the speakers, and nonexistent on the other. Even with the one I could connect to, it seemed output was about 1/2 as loud as it should have been (compared to his samdung s3).

Last night, I went over to another buddy's house to help him set up his new L521. He's not a big phone user, so I suggested that phone - great deal for the money. He was really interested in setting up bluetooth in his truck (new toyota tacoma) and connectivity was flawless, but volume output was low with his phone also. I tried to connect my phone to compare, and it wouldn't even pair up.

any suggestions?

avsef

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've paired my L920 to 7 or 8 bluetooth devices over the last 6 months with no issues. Perhaps you have a defective unit? Worth taking into a store and having them check it out.

Jgorish

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia 1020. It's paired with my VTech home phone ok, but that's it. I paired it with a Plantronics earbud and it worked the first time; since then it can't connect. The same thing happened with a Logitech bluetooth keyboard. It worked once, won't connect again.

Hanske1967

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Also have some issue since last bluetooth update. Worked fine, does not work anymore (connection lost).

To ensure maximum output volume, you have to set the phone volume to max. Via USB the volume level of the phone has no effect on the speakers, via BT it does.

H.

KarateDad

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
GDR3 has an option to change the way BT works with some voice systems. I have tested it on my phone and my Alpine car head unit, and the BT works much better now!

ranken88

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Wife and I got Nokia 928 phones in July. We are able to pair it with the VTech home phones but I'm having trouble downloading the directories from the Nokia's to the Vtechs. Any clues?

Philip Sheridan

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I also have an issue with my Nokia Lumia 1020 in that it will not give me turn-by-turn audio instructions when paired with my in-dash radio receiver via Bluetooth. I can hear driving instructions when not paired, however. I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport with the optional Alpine radio. The telephone features work, and it does interupt the radio broadcast when either calling and receiving calls, and playback of MP3 files on my phone works when the radio is in AUX mode, but the radio does not play voice prompts from HERE Maps or other navigation applications. According to the moderator here, it is an issue with the software in the phone. I have a call into Nokia Customer Service for a remedy, but they have yet to get back to me. Does anyone else have this issue? Thank you.

Number Six1

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
My friend is having the same issue with her SUV (not sure of the manufacturer/model). Phone works great via BT, but the voice directions don't.

Also does anyone know how to get the Drive app to use voice recognition and search for locations? Very annoying to have to search in Google maps for locations, and the have to manually enter the location into the Drive app to get spoken directions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6