Lumia 920 on T-mobile?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just unlocked my Lumia 920(I had been using it on Att Gophone for the past 4 months) and I just went and got my T-mobile Sim card today
and popped it in.

Voice works perfectly fine but I have two questions

1. What are the correct Internet and MMS apn settings for my 920 to be used on T-mobile US?

2. What kind of speeds can i expect with the 920 on T-mobile?

Thanks,
Micah

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you'll be touching LTE on Tmo. I think I read HSPA-+ is the best you will get which isn't the worse you could do.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
You can either try this:

APN: epc.tmoble.com (all other fields blank)
Cellular Settings: choose 3G
Internet APN: APN: epc.tmobile.com (all other fields blank)
MMS APN: APN: epc.tmobile.com
MMSC URL: http://mms.msg.eng/t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS port: 80
Max MMS size: 1024 (all other fields blank)

If this doesn't work, you can always download the Access Point app. That's what I used on my 920 when the settings above didn't work for me.

B H

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I got my 920 unlocked and used it since May 9th (the official unlock date) on T-mobile. It was running level 1314.

The good: LTE worked great. I'm in DC, an LTE area. It's also a re-farmed 1900 4G area. At work the 1900 isn't totally re-farmed yet so I did see some Edge there. There is no AWS band for UMTS, only LTE, hence the need to be in a re-farmed area to fall back on 4G. Of course I used the Nokia Access Point app and just selected T-Mobile LTE to get it running. MMS and everything worked perfectly, EXCEPT mobile hotspot.
The bad: Mobile hotspot doesn't work. If you get it going you break the MMS. Lots of threads here about it - I'm sure someone will sort it out eventually.
The REALLY BAD: If I did any kind of update from the market, such as an app and then powered the phone off, it would get caught in a reboot cycle permanently. I had to remove the T-Mobile SIM and replace it with my old ATT SIM to get it to boot up. Once fully up, I could turn it off, put the T-Mobile SIM back in, power it on, and all was good. But that was going to be too much drama for me. There were two updates just in the days I had it and it did it both times. So I'm just going give up.

Aaron M

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I have two Lumia 920's. One was unbranded from BUILD, and it does indeed have "access point" at the bottom of settings to automatically add T-Mobile LTE. But the other is an AT&T branded 920 that I just got unlocked. When I go to settings I cannot find "access point". I do see under cellular settings the capability to manually add APN settings.

Edit: Okay I found out how to get the Access Point app installed. In case there is anyone else out there with this issue. From your phone, go to this link.
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I have two Lumia 920's. One was unbranded from BUILD, and it does indeed have "access point" at the bottom of settings to automatically add T-Mobile LTE. But the other is an AT&T branded 920 that I just got unlocked. When I go to settings I cannot find "access point". I do see under cellular settings the capability to manually add APN settings.

Edit: Okay I found out how to get the Access Point app installed. In case there is anyone else out there with this issue. From your phone, go to this link.
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d

The app installs on my phone using your link but it isn't there in my app list.
ASoon as
it downloaded it disappeared from the list.

UpTownDC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Unlocked my AT&T branded 920 today. Inserted my T-Mobile SIM, ran the Nokia Access Point software. My 920 is good to go on T-Mobile. I have updated apps without any issues. I was going to purchase the Nokia 925 when it came out but not now....I'm happy with my 920.

Maserati Storm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked my AT&T branded 920 today. Inserted my T-Mobile SIM, ran the Nokia Access Point software. My 920 is good to go on T-Mobile. I have updated apps without any issues. I was going to purchase the Nokia 925 when it came out but not now....I'm happy with my 920.
where do you find that?

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
In the Philly area no LTE yet but on my unlocked AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 I do get 4G probably just the refarmed 1900mhz. The phone seems to have the aws bands locked out and would be nice if anyone can share correct files process to enable aws bands on this phone to get all of TMobile.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes but no one seems to be sharing the files of the different roms necessary. Apparently, Nokia closed that down earlier in the year so that Nav app does not get them now.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

cellneuron

Aug 26, 2005
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers