Microsoft's Newest Commercial could be working!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This is only my experience and one person.....But today while I was at Chili's waiting for my to go order I was playing with my phone and the man beside me was like is that one of those Nokia Phones?

I was like yeah.

He's like is it that one from the commercial where they are fighting at the wedding? A windows phone, right.

SO I said yeah and what not.

He went on to say how he enjoyed the commercial and in the past he had used Nokia Phones Pre-windows phone and had never seen a Lumia in person before and just expressed a lot of interest in the phone and the commercial.

I love when people ask me about my phone and I honestly do think Microsoft needs more amusing and fun commercial that grab your attention like The Wedding commercial because that is just how the droid campaign took off in 2009 with Moto's Droid and I remember having that phone and people are like "is that the droid?"

But it definitely made me smile to see my little Lumia getting some outside attention!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My cousin actually texted me 2 days ago telling me she wanted to get a Windows Phone because of that commercial.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The power of advertising works, look how Apple has always done it I would think they will be running adds against WP sometime soon.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
This is only my experience and one person.....But today while I was at Chili's waiting for my to go order I was playing with my phone and the man beside me was like is that one of those Nokia Phones?

I was like yeah.

He's like is it that one from the commercial where they are fighting at the wedding? A windows phone, right.

SO I said yeah and what not.

He went on to say how he enjoyed the commercial and in the past he had used Nokia Phones Pre-windows phone and had never seen a Lumia in person before and just expressed a lot of interest in the phone and the commercial.

I love when people ask me about my phone and I honestly do think Microsoft needs more amusing and fun commercial that grab your attention like The Wedding commercial because that is just how the droid campaign took off in 2009 with Moto's Droid and I remember having that phone and people are like "is that the droid?"

But it definitely made me smile to see my little Lumia getting some outside attention!

My cousin actually texted me 2 days ago telling me she wanted to get a Windows Phone because of that commercial.

Well that's 2 down, 999,999,998 to go!

Maserati Storm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I was with one of my friends and her friend saw my 920 and she was like "thats the new windows phone?" i was like yeah Nokia Lumia 920, she said she loved windows phone , but got the iphone for instagram, so i went to wpcentral and show her the itsdgram article, and she ready to buy one :cool:

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There's two guys I work with one just got an 8X and one just got the 810. Last night I was at a Jimmy Eat World concert and for the first time saw another 920. The guy was taking lots of pics with it too. It was nice to see.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
There's two guys I work with one just got an 8X and one just got the 810. Last night I was at a Jimmy Eat World concert and for the first time saw another 920. The guy was taking lots of pics with it too. It was nice to see.

I'm more surprised that Jimmy Eat World still performs ;)

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Advertising is part of it but MS also needs to deliver a solid phone platform too. If people switch and the platform sucks those people will be very vocal and tell their 10000 friends not to buy one.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Advertising is part of it but MS also needs to deliver a solid phone platform too. If people switch and the platform sucks those people will be very vocal and tell their 10000 friends not to buy one.

True.

But WP does have a solid platform.

Hence, the great satisfaction ratings by consumers who own Windows Phones.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

I know we love bashing bloggers and news sites for saying this, buuuuut after 7 months owning my 920, APPS.
We really are missing apps. My friends have ipads as well so its not too much of a problem for them, but seriously we shouldnt have to buy an ipad to compliment our windows phones.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Someone in my bowling league was using his ancient BlackBerry during a meeting we had before we started yesterday. I took out my 920 and he said he really likes the Windows Phone. I have a feeling he might end up getting the 928 as his next phone, should he decide to finally ditch the BlackBerry. :wink:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The ad team at Microsoft is doing incredible recently! Between the Surface commercials and these new Windows Phone commercials, I have never heard so much hype over Microsoft products!

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I know we love bashing bloggers and news sites for saying this, buuuuut after 7 months owning my 920, APPS.
We really are missing apps. My friends have ipads as well so its not too much of a problem for them, but seriously we shouldnt have to buy an ipad to compliment our windows phones.

I have no intention of purchasing an iPod Touch or iPad to compliment my Windows Phone. And I've never heard of anyone putting a gun to someone's head to purchase on of those devices to 'compliment' their WP device.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I'd say that WP is a solid base platform but it needs some work. Specifically:

- Enterprise support (VPN, better calendaring, mobile device management, etc)
- Weird OS bugs (for example the storage bug, weird battery drain)
- Getting updates out to everyone in a reasonable time - no more of this, AT&T gets it for 4 months before everyone else.
- Getting updates out more frequently if possible - I realize they are working on this with the whole "Blue" model
- Apps. It gets tiring to hear but this is a fact. Yes, WP has 95% of the top apps (I agree that's great), but the fact that iOS and Android have more apps does make a difference.
- Fixing the WP store. Various things like site availability, search results, somehow WP7 users being able to rate down a WP8 only app and saying sucks (WTF)
- Kids corner (I don't use it, but I've heard it's got some bugs)

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd say that WP is a solid base platform but it needs some work. Specifically:

- Enterprise support (VPN, better calendaring, mobile device management, etc)
- Weird OS bugs (for example the storage bug, weird battery drain)
- Getting updates out to everyone in a reasonable time - no more of this, AT&T gets it for 4 months before everyone else.
- Getting updates out more frequently if possible - I realize they are working on this with the whole "Blue" model
- Apps. It gets tiring to hear but this is a fact. Yes, WP has 95% of the top apps (I agree that's great), but the fact that iOS and Android have more apps does make a difference.
- Fixing the WP store. Various things like site availability, search results, somehow WP7 users being able to rate down a WP8 only app and saying sucks (WTF)
- Kids corner (I don't use it, but I've heard it's got some bugs)
- Volume separation between master, apps, games, etc.
- Orientation lock
- Data counter built-in (like Symbian)
- Ability to check for application updates manually instead of the "surprise gift" method in place right now. (every other platform can do this)
- A car mode would be nice. A nice landscape interface that was able to do functions like Phone, Nav, and Music. (like Symbian)

Just to add a few.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
A guy at my job picked up his GS4 this past Friday. He handed it to me for a little 'show and tell'. I held it. Looked at it . Flipped a few screens and handed it back. I made a comment about the sensors on the phone and his comment to me was, "I thought I would be more happy to have this phone." He said after he got it up and running, he couldn't remember why he felt he had to have the GS4.
Then he asked me something out of the blue. "Why didn't you want one?" Meaning the GS4. I shot back, "Why did you?" He said he didn't know and I went back to my station. He had this puzzled look on his face I tried to read but couldn't. It reminded me of buyers remorse. I'll know more soon when the bloom falls off the rose.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
A guy at my job picked up his GS4 this past Friday. He handed it to me for a little 'show and tell'. I held it. Looked at it . Flipped a few screens and handed it back. I made a comment about the sensors on the phone and his comment to me was, "I thought I would be more happy to have this phone." He said after he got it up and running, he couldn't remember why he felt he had to have the GS4.
Then he asked me something out of the blue. "Why didn't you want one?" Meaning the GS4. I shot back, "Why did you?" He said he didn't know and I went back to my station. He had this puzzled look on his face I tried to read but couldn't. It reminded me of buyers remorse. I'll know more soon when the bloom falls off the rose.

For some reason this story makes me sad...i think it was the mental picture of the dying rose...anyway there is a term for that: how ppl are only persuaded by popularity and in the process they lose their own voice/identity. It actually can make someone sad and depressed if they adopt this theory to other aspects of their lives...

Enough of the sadness, on to happy thoughts...i really love my start screen! :)

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

There's a similar situation at my work where someone purchased an SG4 to replace his iPhone 4. Since he had a week to play with the SG2, he was confident the S4 was the perfect choice as iPhone 5 wasn't advanced enough...and he was tired of the stale UI. After 3 days of owning the S4, he came to me with a list of complaints and now he wishes he would have stayed with Apple. He explains, other than the large beautiful screen and nice way of customizing the UI, everything else for him is a drawback. He says the lag is horrendous, setup for certain applications on iPhone were 2 steps where as on Android they're 4 or 5, the battery isn't very good, music playback is lacking and he's had to reboot it multiple times. I am not bashing the device, this is what i was told. I expressed i had similar problems with my previous S3, directed him to some tips on how to help make the device function more to his advantage. Every time i ask him how its going, he responds with a forceful "it's good, getting better"...but the look on the poor guys face...i can see the pain. Its the same look i had when i realized getting the S3 wasn't the right move for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)