1314 for Roger Lumia 920 available

vs6xfx

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20130512_0001.png
Finally!
good to know it's on the way, i'm gonna try to wait for the OTA for now, hopefully it won't take too long

VS, did you have connection issues with 1308? If so, can you please update on how things are after you install 1314.

Thanks

I have no issue with 1308 cause I added the Access Points to allow the FULL capability of Text and MMS service on TMO while I need to SACRIFY the use of Internet Sharing.

Right now, after I updated to the 1314, I disable to installation of ACCESS POINT to regain the Internet Sharing capability to allow connecting to 8 devices but the issue I am having now is the MMS is not working at all.

Have tried several MMS settings but could not find any to allow sending of MMS.

For security reason, I have removed partial information regarding the physical address of MAC and SIM from the above screen capture.

vs6xfx

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Could you please confirm that the connectivity issues are resolved with this update!...

I have no problem at all with TMO and always on their 4G network operating on 2100MHz cause my area do not have LTE yet.
This will take some time to test it out cause just have phone updated a couple of hours ago and need to re-configure all of my other APPS.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have no problem at all with TMO and always on their 4G network operating on 2100MHz cause my area do not have LTE yet.
This will take some time to test it out cause just have phone updated a couple of hours ago and need to re-configure all of my other APPS.

So hows the phone behaving since the update?

benjaminries

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
I have an Rogers black 920 (RM820) running on Wind Mobile (Canada, HSPA on AWS), and just flashed to Rogers 1314 (was previously on the EURO DEV 1308 rom). Huge improvement in connection speed.

On both the 1308 Rogers and the 1308 Euro roms, my data speeds in Toronto were slow and the connection flaky. Less than 2M down and 0.1M up on speedtest.net.

Now on 1314, installed, got MS account over WiFi and installed Nokia Access Point to get Wind APN, and it still seemed sluggish. Set the highest connection speed from LTE to 3G, restarted, and went outside.

The phone took a little while to find a network tower after booting up, but now it is doing a new thing: the icon at the top right shows "4G" and when it does, over 6M down and over 2M up on speedtest.net. Occasionally it drops back to "3G" and is slower, but when I try to load something data-intensive it bursts up to "4G". On the 1308 roms it was always "3G", always slow.

I think "4G" = HSPA+, and "3G" = UMTS, at least on Wind Mobile - since they don't have an LTE network yet. And I think the connection issues many have experienced with the 1308 ROMs - on Wind, if not on other networks - have been based on an inability to reach HSPA+.

Last edited:

benjaminries

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I don't know why you would wait for them to push. If you've got a Rogers 920, and you've been having connection issues, this is worth the manual update.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
do you have to fully flash the phone? as in do you have to reinstall all the apps and reconfigure all the settings?
Yeah, I don't know why you would wait for them to push. If you've got a Rogers 920, and you've been having connection issues, this is worth the manual update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb