1314 for Roger Lumia 920 available

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Question for anyone with a Rogers 920 on T-Mobile - when rebooting your phone, do any of you experience the airplane mode icon with no service initially, then no service and then service finally kicks in? This happens to my phone every time I turn it off and then on again or when it's rebooted. Very weird and annoying. I've never even had airplane mode turned on, yet I constantly see that icon when rebooting. I just wonder if it's my SIM card.

Same thing happens to me too.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
MAJOR DATA DRAIN AFTER UPDATE. I have a unlocked rogers on tmo USA. When I'm at work I turn cellular data off and use wifi. I'm in a warehouse and have 2-3 bars 3G on my router. I have a steady data connection. Between 5-6 MB per hour. I can't open any other app. Being that I have a weak signal it's not able to open what I want with the mysterious data draw. I've hard reset my phone twice and it still does it. The second time I didn't enter my MS email. So basically phone with no apps installed and I still had a data draw. My Verizon jetpack displays how long I've been connected and how much data I've used. It also has a led that blinks every 5 seconds or so. It constantly blinks when data is being used. Since I updated when I use my wifi it want stop blinking. So if you have a cellular data limit I would monitor it or you might go over.

Last edited:

DarrenSproat

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
My Internet Connection Sharing stopped working immediately after the 1314 OTA update... I have an unlocked Rogers/ATT L920 activated on SaskTel network and it worked awesome until the update.

This really sucks... It seems updates that fix some people's connectivity issues introduce issues for other people.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
My Internet Connection Sharing stopped working immediately after the 1314 OTA update... I have an unlocked Rogers/ATT L920 activated on SaskTel network and it worked awesome until the update.

This really sucks... It seems updates that fix some people's connectivity issues introduce issues for other people.

try installing a foreign language keyboard. this worked for me this time.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Toronto these few days and lte sucks here!! I thought it would be better than Vancouver!! I'm at don mills and Lawrence mostly and I find the lte unreliable and disconnects a lot. Maybe it's the same in Vancouver, just that I use it less so but I thought it would be rock solid here.

internet sharing is working well... when my lte doesn't drop to edge or some crap!!!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Just got a Rogers 920 over the weekend and updated to 1314 and so far its working great on T-Mobile but I was wondering what is the best APN to use? Not seeing great speeds at home or the office so want to test to see what will work best. I added epc.tmobile.com and dont see any difference so far. I live in the Maryland area and work in DC. Thanks.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got a Rogers 920 over the weekend and updated to 1314 and so far its working great on T-Mobile but I was wondering what is the best APN to use? Not seeing great speeds at home or the office so want to test to see what will work best. I added epc.tmobile.com and dont see any difference so far. I live in the Maryland area and work in DC. Thanks.
try fast.t-mobile.com and reboot

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
try fast.t-mobile.com and reboot

Thanks, doesnt seem to work any better than epc though. Both settings in fact seem to have problems connecting compared to leaving the apn settings blank. I'm actually getting worse service than when I had my previous T-mo phones like the HD2, Dell Venue Pro and Radar which is surprising. Guess I'll have to accept the poorer performance.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, doesnt seem to work any better than epc though. Both settings in fact seem to have problems connecting compared to leaving the apn settings blank. I'm actually getting worse service than when I had my previous T-mo phones like the HD2, Dell Venue Pro and Radar which is surprising. Guess I'll have to accept the poorer performance.

Set the highest connection speed to 3g instead of lte

Retcha

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
So after updating to 1314, my access point keeps crashing when I try to activate. Anyone have any ideas? Or does anyone know the settings for Virgin Mobile?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So after updating to 1314, my access point keeps crashing when I try to activate. Anyone have any ideas? Or does anyone know the settings for Virgin Mobile?
this has been discussed multiple times, either update to the latest version of access point using lumia pusher or don't install access point if you wish to reset your phone

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
For those of us with a crashing access point app. I would like,to know if someone did try to hard reset their phone with a working access point app as a result. If it works, I'll do it if not I'll wait for a fix.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs