Lumia 920 Number 5 and 6 Still Creaking Away

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well I got my replacement devices #5 and #6 the other day. I have sent them back multiple times for either creaking and clicking near the top right of the phone or over the power button or because of proximity sensor failure. This time Nokia promised to do a 100% hand test of the devices to ensure they don't have these defects prior to shipping. The good news is that they were out of stock of black and the time so I got a white and yellow one but the bad news is the yellow one at least is still very creaky and clicky right over the power button. It seems to happen after a few days of use.

Am I the only one find this creaking and clicking and complaining about it? It seems its just inherent to the design but it pisses me off. I suppose it has no affect on normal use but just knowing it does that drives me insane.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
My whole left side of my phone creaks along with the sim card slot area. Got a replacement for the first one and this one, although being solid at first, has become just like the first. It's a flaw in the design IMO, that gap between the screen bezel and polycarbonate causes flex and makes the creaking noise when you apply pressure. They fixed that design with the 720, the screen flows straight in to the body with no bezels and gaps. It also gets worse with use as the case heats up and expands slightly. On a very cold morning the creaking does stop.

I'm just putting up with it now and not requesting another replacement as I think it is a flaw in the design and will end up creaking after time anyway. If you've got a Lumia with no other issues then I'd just deal with it.

albashiq

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
i got this problem in left side of my phone clicking and creaking sounds when i apply pressure
i sent it to nokia service and they fix it and now working fine soo far no more creaking sounds

and they did not change it , it is same phone
i think they changed polycarbonate cover

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't have that particular problem but I do have a bit of a creak/click where the polycarbonate doesn't seem to perfectly fit on the right hand side between the power and camera buttons. It does seem to lessen in the cool and worsen in the heat so I presume it's just natural placticy-ness. It only happens if you apply pressure in exactly the right place and at the right angle, so I just put it down to being one of those things.

I'm not bothered enough to return my phone a third time over it, I only return stuff if it's actually faulty...

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Did they repeatably send you refurbish item? AFAIK they don't usually fix creaks aka changing the case and try to get by whenever they can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes