Switched from iPhone and can't receive group texts sent from iPhones

robotaholic

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
its your friend's fault. They need to change their contact of you so that it lists you as mobile and not iPhone. And then when they send out the group text you will receive them. You are welcome. I work for Sprint advanced technical support. The iphone is such a constant headache.

cmr12390

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Today, 09:20 PM
The problem is 600+ contacts and probably a group message involving at least 50-60 so talking to them directly isn't much of an option

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Just as Laura said above you have to disable iMessage. Its probably still enable for your account for your iPhone (phone number) even though you don't have it anymore.

Do you have a friend with an iPhone who will let you set it up as your phone with your account so you can login then turn iMessage off? Basically any device that had your account with iMessage enabled needs to have it disabled. By setting up an iPhone with your account and phone number then disabling message that should clear it.

cmr12390

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I just unregistered my iPhone with my apple ID through that link, but still no group texts, I just had 2 people using iPhones group texted me with no success

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am on my Macbook air right now and there is a way to dissassociate the phone number with iMessage. I am looking for the way with the ipad.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I understand but I am guessing that the number could still be connected, even though the phone isn't. I clearly have the option to check and uncheck my phone number while on my mac but I can't do it from my ipad.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Your number has been registered with apple for use with iMessage, so when people with iPhones try to text you it's going through iMessage. There are only 2 ways to remedy this; 1 is to put your sim card into an iPhone and toggle iMessage on (until it activates) then turn it back off (this will disassociate your number with the service), OR, wait 30 days for Apple to poll your phone and see that it's no longer being used with iMessage.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Your number has been registered with apple for use with iMessage, so when people with iPhones try to text you it's going through iMessage. There are only 2 ways to remedy this; 1 is to put your sim card into an iPhone and toggle iMessage on (until it activates) then turn it back off (this will disassociate your number with the service), OR, wait 30 days for Apple to poll your phone and see that it's no longer being used with iMessage.

This might work.

If you registered your phone with Apple, try unregistering it:
Go to: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
Click on ">" to the right of the phone listing
Click "unregister"

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

cmr12390

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Going to the apple store later.

Update. The number has been unregistered from apple ID. I can receive individual texts, it just takes a while because it switches to a text message after iMessage doesn't go through. My friend also just recently switched and has the same problem, but he got his windows phone in early April which is longer than 30 days so ill write back to see if the apple store will do anything.

cmr12390

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Apple store says either get a friends phone and try the sim fix or call apple support. Apple support charges 19.99 to speak with someone, bull**** with no fix

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs