Hi !

I have two questions at this moment:

1. How do I contact Microsoft directly instead of asking my questions through a Forum ( like now ) cause at times I would like to ask a question and expect a reply from Microsoft like with IOS.
    2. I am hearing that the Windows 8 phone is support is going to end next year July 14. Is this true ? Would it affect me when I am actually going to buy a 920 soon ? ( I had a 620 before I changed to IOS and now want to come back to Windows 8 but is it a good move ? ) Would it be a waste of money or is it that the 920 would keep on updating like Apple phones ?

Maybe more then two questions (!) but would appreciate your kind reply.
    Thanks !
    05-15-2013 07:54 PM
    I'm sure there is some kind of support email from Microsoft but I don't know it.

It is safe to buy! 920 will get whatever new OS is next 8.1? 9? Whatever it might be! Microsoft does that so they don't have to continue to support multiple mobile OS's. About Apple and updates: The last few Apple phones get the latest update only in name. There is always parts of it left off for two reasons: old phone too slow or (and the biggest reason) to get you to buy the latest iphone. I have no issue with that practice but to say the iphone's keep getting the latest updates longer isn't really the whole truth.

Wp7 to WP8 was a total rewrite (from what I understand) and had features that would have been unwise from MS to try to bring to WP7 phones. This type of huge change isn't going to happen again anytime soon.
    05-15-2013 08:08 PM
    the date of the "end of support" is not a hard number, with each release the date gets renewed. We have GDR2 and GDR3 and finally "Blue" listed as the next three updates. So the phones will get support for quite some time to come.

Microsoft I do not think has a good way to contact them, and they are usually hush on most items.
    05-15-2013 08:10 PM
    I am hearing that the Windows 8 phone is support is going to end next year July 14. Is this true ?
    Quoting myself from a previous thread:

God dammit, this was a stupid move on microsofts part releasing this so poorly worded and then letting the media go crazy.
    Yes Windows phone 8.0 support will end next year. BUT when they release 8.1 or 8.5 or whatever they call the next version, that version will get another 2 years or so.
    Look at WP7, it's support has ended, however WP7.5 Mango and WP7.8 are still supported.
    iboypx likes this.
    05-16-2013 01:28 AM