L920 bricked during update..

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi all something unfortunate happened to my L920 last night.

I just got the 1314 update on Rogers so I started the update, but forgot to put it on the wireless charger because I thought I would have enough battery, but the update ran for more than 1.5 hrs and then my phone powered off. I knew that was bad sign and tried charging my phone to power on again, it did but it just keeps showing the animated updating icons instead of turning on... I left it like that last night and went to bed, and this morning the phone was still doing the same thing, and when I tried to soft reset it it shows that there's no battery left again. So again I plugged it in and now it's at the updating icons screen again... Does this mean my phone is bricked or this update just takes more than 7 hours to finish? And what can I do to start my phone?

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I believe the NCS will surfice.

Navifirm is useless now that Nokia has blocked off the public getting their cached.

You can still grab the firmware if you have the cache file

Search through this thread for the cache files to place into Navifirm.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I believe the NCS will surfice.

Navifirm is useless now that Nokia has blocked off the public getting their cached.

You can still grab the firmware if you have the cache file

Search through this thread for the cache files to place into Navifirm.

Thanks for the help :DD I'm recovering my phone now and just have a few more questions if you could help.
Nokia Care Suite is telling me ""You have chosen not assigned product code for this device, do you wish to continue?""
Should I continue or do something about that first? My L920 is Rogers Canada version and the .ffu file I downloaded is RM820_1232.5962.1314.0001_RETAIL_nam_usa_100_01_167647_prd_signed

Thanks a lot in advance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss