Anyone on ATT having connectivity issues?

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had the signal dropping issue randomly happen on my iPhone. 4 and Nokia 920. It was worse on the iPhones, in my experience.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
Yeah, the issue is still really bad with the iPhone, even with the 5. But this is a different issue entirely. The radio just crashes, completely reboots, and reconnects over EDGE, taking forever to reconnect to HSPA+, and sometimes not even reconnecting to LTE without a soft reset or toggling airplane mode.

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I would love to take a video for them but they said they said it wouldnt matter. Thanks Nokia
You may want to consider reflashing your phone via Nokia Care Suite. I reflashed 1314 to mine last night and, so far, it seems to have fixed my connectivity issues. Yeah, you'll lose everything, but it seems to fix it. Well, for the most part. The signal seems slightly less powerful than it was with 1249 (I'm on the lower side of five bars (sometimes dropping to four) in areas where I used to have a solid five). But I'm no longer experiencing a full loss of signal with EDGE reconnection like before.

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I ve been having issues with reception so I spoke to att and they sent me a 3g micro cell which really helped with reception.

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
jinxed myself, not even the micro cell is working now. Trying to get my ETF waived so I can moved to tmobile.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the issue is still really bad with the iPhone, even with the 5. But this is a different issue entirely. The radio just crashes, completely reboots, and reconnects over EDGE, taking forever to reconnect to HSPA+, and sometimes not even reconnecting to LTE without a soft reset or toggling airplane mode.

I have this issue also. It appeared after 1308/1314. 1308 was really bad and 1314 cleared it up a bit but the radio does just die for what seems no apparent reason and once it does that I can usually put it in airplane mode to reinitialize but sometimes I need to reboot to get it stable again. Whatever Nokia did in 1308 really messed up the radio and 1314 only made it livable. I really hope they fix it in the next update.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Nokia 920, unlocked from Rogers, now with Bell.

Also lost ability to send/receive pics in texts. Very frustrating.

edit:

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

So, I opened up Access Point, and it was showing Bell as inactive. I then manually made a Bell2, I only bothered putting in the MMS APN info I could find. Then I switched to Bell2 just until it said Active. Then I switched back to Bell, and it went Acitve. Then I was able to send and receive my picture messages.

Basically, just make a fake operator in Access point, switch to it temporarily, and then switch back. It should force Access Point to automatically get the newest settings.

before making up the new apn, did your access point made your default apn active at all? what happends when you select it? does it just go back to the settings page without changes?

nikana

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Still havent heard anything from Nokia. I think I am going to make a video anyway and send it to Elop or their customer service.

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I gave up on that front. I've been having issues, but not nearly as frequently as before flashing back to 1249 and performing the OTA update. I've noticed that the problems rarely occur out of nowhere anymore, and are typically isolated to either being connected to a wired charger and WiFi or the phone overheating. I'm seriously hoping the Amber update will fix this problem for good.

cammsaul

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the update my phone will randomly lose connectivity (shows the "no service" icon in the top left) for an hour or two. No amount of restarting the phone seems to help. This is in downtown San Francisco where my iPhone gets full bars LTE.

Also FWIW lately nobody can hear me when I call on the 920 so I've been forced to make all my calls with the iPhone

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I lost connectivity pretty often and frequently see the no service icon. What's worse, I even lost several phone calls while my phone's showing full bars! As a "cellphone", I really think this is some serious problem...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa