Anyone on ATT having connectivity issues?

nikana

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So every since 1314 ive been having some odd issues. Sometimes after i unlock my phone and then send a text the signal on my phone dies. The text will send, but it takes like 10 seconds, and sometimes til will fail.

i thought maybe it was the phone, so I had the phone replaced. Since the one they sent me was the wrong color at first, black instead of red, I was able to confirm it happened on 3 different devices. Is anyone else having this issue?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I am on NET10, and was previously on straight talk. I have noticed that my speeds have slowed on 1308 and 1314. I use to be able to stream YouTube videos at a decent speed (since there is no LTE on MVNOs), but lately I spent more time watching the videos buffer than watching the actual videos....

I am ATT NET10, so it is using ATT's network as well. Hard resets have not fixed the problem either...

I

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
im having soooooo many issues n number one DROP CALLS n it randomly end calls.. super annoying.. this started happening after i made few of my friends switch to att n get lumia 920 (had no issue when they were on Verizon)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not on AT&T, but I've been experiencing connectivity issues since sometime yesterday. My 920 (unlocked Rogers on T-Mobile) has been showing two bars of service since early last night and occasionally only one bar, then a few minutes ago, NO bars). It's mostly been showing only two bars, which is odd. Before yesterday, my phone has had four or five bars of service. This is annoying. And yes, I'm updated to 1314 as of Thursday, if memory serves me.

DarrenSproat

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Immediately after 1314 OTA my MMS and Internet Connection Sharing stopped working. I deleted the apn and mms in cellular settings then recreated my connection in Access Point. MMS is working now but I still can't get Internet Connection Sharing to work...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

L920 Rogers, Unlocked, activated on SaskTel. 1314 OTA just a few days ago.

DarrenSproat

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Okay, this is weird. In troubleshooting my internet connection sharing I decides to clean things up a bit. I deleted a bunch of SMS message history then noticed my Microsoft Account was no longer syncing...

In troubleshooting that, I turned off SMS message backup. My Microsoft account immediately synced... ??!!??

Furthermore, my internet connection sharing started working also... Weird or one heck of a coincidence.

the92playboy

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Nokia 920, unlocked from Rogers, now with Bell.

Also lost ability to send/receive pics in texts. Very frustrating.

edit:

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

So, I opened up Access Point, and it was showing Bell as inactive. I then manually made a Bell2, I only bothered putting in the MMS APN info I could find. Then I switched to Bell2 just until it said Active. Then I switched back to Bell, and it went Acitve. Then I was able to send and receive my picture messages.

Basically, just make a fake operator in Access point, switch to it temporarily, and then switch back. It should force Access Point to automatically get the newest settings.

Last edited:

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
AT&T also with 1314 firmware. This is my second phone with this problem. I exchanged my original 920 at the AT&T Device Support Center in town (partially because my phone was overheating and killing my battery, but I was also having the same network disconnect issues with it). When I received the refurbished device, it has 1249 firmware on it. No network issues. As soon as I updated the firmware to 1314, the phone started dropping my connection. I've been talking to Nokia Care US on Twitter the past few days about the issue, but they don't seem to get that this is a firmware issue, and a widespread one at that. 1308 was bad, but this is just awful! I'm getting kicked off the network with full signal!

cmore675

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Here in West Texas I am having numerous connectivity problems. My phone drops calls like a mo-fo. I think verizon here I come.

nikana

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
AT&T also with 1314 firmware. This is my second phone with this problem. I exchanged my original 920 at the AT&T Device Support Center in town (partially because my phone was overheating and killing my battery, but I was also having the same network disconnect issues with it). When I received the refurbished device, it has 1249 firmware on it. No network issues. As soon as I updated the firmware to 1314, the phone started dropping my connection. I've been talking to Nokia Care US on Twitter the past few days about the issue, but they don't seem to get that this is a firmware issue, and a widespread one at that. 1308 was bad, but this is just awful! I'm getting kicked off the network with full signal!

Keep at it. I will as well. Maybe we can get them to take a hard look.

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Keep at it. I will as well. Maybe we can get them to take a hard look.
They finally told me this morning that I should send my phone in for evaluation. Screw that! I can't be without a phone for two weeks! Plus, it's not like other people haven't sent their phones in for this same issue. I've seen this issue in other forum threads here and on Nokia's own discussion forum. We need to alert them of that.

nikana

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
They finally told me this morning that I should send my phone in for evaluation. Screw that! I can't be without a phone for two weeks! Plus, it's not like other people haven't sent their phones in for this same issue. I've seen this issue in other forum threads here and on Nokia's own discussion forum. We need to alert them of that.

I think they got sick of me. I asked the bluntly will you please look into this. Multiple people are saying they have same issue, and responded with, we will look into it.

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had the signal dropping issue randomly happen on my iPhone. 4 and Nokia 920. It was worse on the iPhones, in my experience.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I think they got sick of me. I asked the bluntly will you please look into this. Multiple people are saying they have same issue, and responded with, we will look into it.
I wrote back to them stating what I said above and sent them links to this thread, the 1308 thread (from the point when 1314 was released), and the thread from the Nokia Discussions forum. They haven't written back. I'm about ready to email Mr. Elop about these issues, but I don't know his email address.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss