Australian 920 Owners, 1314 is rollin' out

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
relax bro it wasn't a racist comment, it was n attack on Nokia for outsourcing Aussie jobs. I got nothing against peepz coming here looking for work but get dirty wen they outsource it right outta the country :(

I didnt think it was racist, was just confused by the India and Bangladesh thing lol. (I'm assuming that was a joke :)

danielgray

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Was told by Nokia that I should have the update in the next week. If you believe them. They said that they were having problems with the unbranded firmware.

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I just did the online chat thing with Nokia Care and they have advised that unbranded 920's will start getting the 1314 update from tomorrow (13 June) onwards. It seems every time anyone speaks to Nokia that they get different answers which is extremely frustrating.

With Amber and GDR2 only a short time away, we are going to have to go through this all again whilst we wait for those updates weeks after everyone else has had them.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I just did the online chat thing with Nokia Care and they have advised that unbranded 920's will start getting the 1314 update from tomorrow (13 June) onwards. It seems every time anyone speaks to Nokia that they get different answers which is extremely frustrating.

With Amber and GDR2 only a short time away, we are going to have to go through this all again whilst we wait for those updates weeks after everyone else has had them.

Australia is ridiculous n its making me believe me wot foreigners think about us lol that we're backward:) seriously something has 2 b done about carrier interference n make the system standardized. Also iPhone get their updates at n astonishing rate n there's really no excuse for Microsoft with this coz technically they're n older company

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I checked for updates when I got up this morning and the update was finally there. It successfully installed 1308 firmware and its now downloading another update which should be 1314 and preparing to install.

About time!

EDIT: 2nd update for 1314 applied successfully.

Last edited:

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
i just got notified for an update. installing now and i'm guessing it's this. thought it may have been an early surprise of GDR2 but finding this thread i realised i haven't had an update since Portico so this must be it.

TeddyRolls

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

So I got my update yesterday and everything is pretty much perfect (Fixed my proximity issue since dust got into it, I honestly don't know how they did it with a software fix, but I'm happy).

However, TellMe now isn't working properly, It works for 3 seconds after boot and then it just doesn't recognise any audio from the mic or make any sounds. Anyone else have this problem? I'll start another thread if it's not related to this update.

Thanks!

Michael Muscat

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Finally! Rocking the new update and I've definitely noticed improvements. My 920 doesn't seem to be bleeding battery while idle, and doesn't get excessively warm when using it. Hope it lasts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac