Constant Reboot Lumia 920

ninjarider1978

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

First off love my L920, until about 15 minutes ago. It all of a sudden decided to go into constant reboot mode. It has never rebooted the entire time I have owned it (~2 months). I have had basically no issues with it and then all of a sudden, bam! It now constantly reboots only making it to a blue screen before it waits a minute than starts over again, never actually making it to main metro screen.

Leading up to this point the phone was:

40% charge (mostly wireless lately)
varying signal (although signal seems to be bad in my house)
No apps running except IE
Had just sent a text message

I am on ROGERS and have all the latest updates including 1314

Is it bricked, can it be fixed? I did search the forums quickly but found nothing helpful. I was thinking I was going to send it in because the FFC is dusty and the camera takes blurry pics with the normal photo app, so this might be a good reason to send it off.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

ninjarider1978

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
So nobody has had this issue.....that sucks.

Well aside from trying the brick fix (which is apparently done after trying to update or hard reset your phone) nothing works, I am going to send it in.

Do I have the option to send it directly to Nokia or do I have to go through Rogers? Any idea which one would be better if I get to choose? I am assuming Rogers just sends it to Nokia anyway? Back to my blackberry for the meantime :(

Adrian Luna

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh I'm having the same problem with my brand new 928.. Just received it today and it never even made it to the main menu. It's in that infinite reboot loop.
It sucks because the customer service lines for Newegg are closed. I really don't want to have to send it in and wait again... gah

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion the problem may lie with a bad rom flash. Try doing a hard reset and if that doesn't work then get Nokia to replace your phones.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey, you should really try a Soft Reset first, this tends to break the cycle. Hold down the Volume Down and Power button together until the phone vibrates. Hopefully this should break the cycle for you.

kevin strittholt

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Yep, my 822 that i have had for about 5 months started doing constant reboot this morning. .... last thing i did was check for windows update. tried soft reboot, no luck. not to happy really dont wannt to hard reset not in the mood to mess with it. As it rebooots it only stays on for a few seconds, just long enough for me to get my hopes up that its done freaking out.

ninjarider1978

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried soft resets, hard resets but it continues to just cycle through reboots. Interestingly though it only does the constant reboot cycling when plugged in charging. When it is not charging it will reboot but only when I do a soft or hard reset.

I am going to call Nokia today and hopefully they will have me send it to them directly as I don't like dealing with Rogers plus Rogers turn around time in 10-15 business days, whereas sending it directly to Nokia is 5 - 7 business days plus shipping days.

Thanks for the replies, I will keep you guys updated as to what the outcome is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium