Ok so first post on here. I've had my 920 for just under a month. A truly stellar handset..until it became bricked yesterday.

Three days into ownership I'd already picked up two deep scratches on my screen, never scratched another phones screen like ever, so was naturally proper annoyed and baffled how'd I'd done my 920, but took it on the chin and purchased a screen protector - job done. Until yesterday that is. My friend has a Lumia 610 on 7.8 and standing next to me, he showed how he can swipe the top home screen notifications to the right as they appear..to make them disappear. Naturally I was like ah cool and minutes later got a text and tried it. It crashed my phone and so i had to restart..though it never came back on! An infinite loop of seeing the Nokia logo..on a loop. I tried the soft re-set, nothing. Then the hard re-set (after much deliberation) and it bricked - the two gears for hours till the battery died and now, nothing.

After reading on here and seeing his email, I contacted Stephen Elop and told him in two paras my experience with the 920 and what happened. I also mentioned i'd been a long term Nokia fan though in recent years jumped ship to iOS, though had now returned to Nokia and WP8. Anyhow, to my surprise within an hour he'd replied signing off Stephen. He arranged for me to be called by someone in his 'team' and low and behold, this morning I got a call from overseas from someone at Nokia. They were very helpful and listened to what had gone on, they then arranged from someone at the UK head office to call me and an hour later, they did. Within a few hours they'd arranged my 920 to be picked up by UPS (which is now has!) and will call me when the hand set arrives to discuss options. They said they'd either replace the screen and sort the software malfunction, or send me a new handset.

Yes my Lumia 920 going into meltdown has been a nightmare, but Nokia's way of dealing with it has been 1st class. No doubt my email to Stephen Elop naturally escalated things, though have to say the aftercare is faultless. Shall see what occurs when I hear from them next..
    RJ Priest, MDak280, Jaskys and 3 others like this.
    05-23-2013 02:50 PM
    I am really hoping I can get something like this but from speaking to the twitter people because I am tired of refurbs from AT&T. I am on my second refurb, the only problem with my first phone was that for some reason my 2.5Ghz wifi was bugged and when I left a wifi area I was connected to it stayed connected and if I cam back wouldn't reconnect unless I rebooted the phone. The 1st refurb kept randomly rebooting and had scratches as soon as I got it, the second refurb is giving me issues with the Music app, which i use constantly, randomly rebooting and also has scratches on the screen and the body. I am starting to think that AT&T does the refurbishing on these phones like Sprint does for Samsung phones.
    05-24-2013 02:41 AM
    Ok so just a quick update on this. I received my handset back from Nokia ten days ago, with a new motherboard and screen. I can confirm that I've had a seemless experience since then, and also not one screen scratch or scuff..unlike the first that suffered serious scratches within 48 hours of ownership. This leads me to believe there are defective screens out there on some 920s.

Anyhow very happy. Amen.
    06-08-2013 08:06 AM
    Cool story bro!
    06-08-2013 08:16 AM
    Smiles :)
    06-08-2013 08:20 AM
    Nokia has one of the best customer care Service in history
    06-08-2013 08:38 AM
    Totally agree. The way this was handled was faultless.
    06-08-2013 08:40 AM
    Ok so first post on here. I've had my 920 for just under a month. A truly stellar handset..until it became bricked yesterday.

Three days into ownership I'd already picked up two deep scratches on my screen, never scratched another phones screen like ever, so was naturally proper annoyed and baffled how'd I'd done my 920, but took it on the chin and purchased a screen protector - job done. Until yesterday that is. My friend has a Lumia 610 on 7.8 and standing next to me, he showed how he can swipe the top home screen notifications to the right as they appear..to make them disappear. Naturally I was like ah cool and minutes later got a text and tried it. It crashed my phone and so i had to restart..though it never came back on! An infinite loop of seeing the Nokia logo..on a loop. I tried the soft re-set, nothing. Then the hard re-set (after much deliberation) and it bricked - the two gears for hours till the battery died and now, nothing.

After reading on here and seeing his email, I contacted Stephen Elop and told him in two paras my experience with the 920 and what happened. I also mentioned i'd been a long term Nokia fan though in recent years jumped ship to iOS, though had now returned to Nokia and WP8. Anyhow, to my surprise within an hour he'd replied signing off Stephen. He arranged for me to be called by someone in his 'team' and low and behold, this morning I got a call from overseas from someone at Nokia. They were very helpful and listened to what had gone on, they then arranged from someone at the UK head office to call me and an hour later, they did. Within a few hours they'd arranged my 920 to be picked up by UPS (which is now has!) and will call me when the hand set arrives to discuss options. They said they'd either replace the screen and sort the software malfunction, or send me a new handset.

Yes my Lumia 920 going into meltdown has been a nightmare, but Nokia's way of dealing with it has been 1st class. No doubt my email to Stephen Elop naturally escalated things, though have to say the aftercare is faultless. Shall see what occurs when I hear from them next..
    Yeah, Nokia did something similar to me. 4 repair attempts, Phones4U offered me a different model. Elop however provided me with a reassuring reply and his team member definitely raised my confidence. Their after sales support is SOMETHING ELSE. Glad to hear your Nokia is going to get fixed.
    06-08-2013 02:06 PM
    So, the first little thing that goes wrong, and instead of going through the proper channels (Nokia customer support, or your telcos customer service), you go straight to emailing the CEO of an international company.

What a complete and utter waste of time for everyone, when it would most likely have been resolved immediately with a call to the correct people.

There are plenty of people on here with good reason to have contacts Mr Elop, but you?
    06-08-2013 03:40 PM
    I tend to agree, this is exactly the same procedure had you just entered your imei and included the fault on their UK Nokia support page. Once you answer a few online questions, you'll receive an email telling you UPS will collect your handset etc

Complete and utter waste of time emailing anyone other than their support team.
    WP8fan likes this.
    06-08-2013 05:07 PM
    ., and also not one screen scratch or scuff..unlike the first that suffered serious scratches within 48 hours of ownership. This leads me to believe there are defective screens out there on some 920s.
    Literally impossible for you to have scratched the screen at all right? Smh
    06-08-2013 05:25 PM
    So, the first little thing that goes wrong, and instead of going through the proper channels (Nokia customer support, or your telcos customer service), you go straight to emailing the CEO of an international company.

What a complete and utter waste of time for everyone, when it would most likely have been resolved immediately with a call to the correct people.

There are plenty of people on here with good reason to have contacts Mr Elop, but you?
    I'm going to hope that comment wasn't aimed at me. Bear in mind I had some bad customer service from Nokia in all this.
    06-08-2013 09:29 PM

Agreed. The only reason you should contact Mr. Elop is if you've repeatedly had problems with Nokia service after going through the official repair channels.

I'm going to hope that comment wasn't aimed at me. Bear in mind I had some bad customer service from Nokia in all this.
    Yeah, you had a perfectly reasonable reason to contact Mr. Elop, 4 repair attempts is shocking! I would have emailed him after the 2nd or 3rd.
    06-08-2013 10:34 PM
    Lol you're entitled to your opinion. I got it sorted with one email. End of.
    06-13-2013 11:36 AM
    what a lovely character you are Snail Uk.
    RusB likes this.
    06-13-2013 12:08 PM
    Exactly. Yawn.
    06-13-2013 12:16 PM