Cannot delete files - 0 bytes

tones_00

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I can see a number of files on my phone (mp3's) and these files will not play. I can't even delete them from the phone. I then connected the phone to my computer and i can't see them in file explorer. I can see them in windows phone app on my laptop under music. They have a size of 0 bytes and i can't delete them. I get a message 'We couldn't delete {name of track} from the phone. We couldn't find the file.' I can't see any other way of deleting these corrupt files and it causes the music player to crash / stop playing when hitting one of these file. Question is, is there anything I can do (other than hard reset) to get rid of these files?

ta,

Shabacus

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I have no idea how to fix it but it is very annoying for someone who wants to keep their phone organized.

diplomat696

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried enabling view hidden files in windows explorer and tried rebooting either your computer and or phone right before you try to delete them?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they are not in your music folder (there is no such mp3 file), you will see them based on their tags (album or artist), so you should check "Album" and "Artist" folders to delete a left over of these songs .... just connect your cp to computer and navigate to see these subfolders in your music folder of your cp ....

quacker1982

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue. It wasn't until i stopped or cleared the music file that I had been playing on the phone, only then i was able to remove it.
Hope that makes sense ??

gdaramola

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I may have figured it out. Go to File Explorer >[NameOfYourPhone]>Music> find the option to show hidden folders>show hidden folders lol>find the 'Artist' folder>delete the artist whose songs you're trying to delete. Hopefully it won't show up on your phone any longer. Hope that helped!

knv377

May 28, 2014
Visit site
On your phone press and hold down on your song and options will open up. Press delete. It is a shame that I cannot do it for several files at once. I had to repeat that procedure hundred times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium