My Nokia 920 Repair Story - Bluetooth Audio, Podcast Streaming, Camera Dust

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 920 since launch day. Pretty much from day one I've experienced the same issues that were widely reported. I had the creaky body issue, heat issue, battery drain issue, media store issues, etc. They were sporadic and I was able to cope so I didn't complain too much.The firmware updates came out and mostly solved those issues. For 6 months or so I was all good. There were a few issues that I always had but seemed a little nitpicky so I didn't bother with them, but recently I've been using them more and they have become troublesome and I sent the phone in for repair. I decided I'd detail them in this thread so that others can learn and maybe confirm if they've seen similar issues.

1. Audio played over bluetooth sounded terrible. Lots of crackles, screeches and pops. This happens both with music and podcasts.
2. Podcasts streamed over the internet sounded terrible, it made the same noises as the bluetooth problem. This occurred with wired headphones and bluetooth headsets. Downloaded podcasts and streamed music were fine, ironically.
3. Dust under the FFC. No biggie, I don't use that camera but its a annoying reminder when I see it.

So I sent the phone back for repair and after about 12 days I got it back with notes that they updated the software on the device. This software update (no idea what it was since I had all the newest OS and firmware installed) seemed to address the first issue with bluetooth audio. They also cleaned out the FFC even though I didn't report it. The first thing I did was test the issues and found that the Podcast streaming issue remained. I had guessed that the bluetooth issue and the podcast issue were one in the same, but apparently not.

So I sent it back in yesterday in hopes they'll fix the podcast streaming issue. Part of me wonders if this is a OS issue or a network issue of some kind. Haven't read that anyone else reporting this issue though. I will keep you posted, anyone else out there experienced this?

duncanator

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I've posted this on other areas of wpcentral whe I've mentioned that I get lots of audio problems when watching long video podcasts. For me it happens when I play the podcast through the speakers, a headset plugged in, or with bluetooth headphones. I do not stream the podcasts but rather play them from the device when they have been transferred or downloaded directly. Good luck with your Lumia.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have BT issues while using internet sharing, phone freezes and locks up and after last update, just won't connect to WiFi again. I'm on my 5th white att 920. I'm going to give Nokia one more shot with their next wp attt phone and then I'm done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven