920 Smokes competitors

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
So I went home to my niece's graduation. We are taking pictures on a sunny day in front of a train with a large group, but there was a problem. One person was always left out. Well we find a passer by and his wife and ask for help. The kind person obliges. Everyone is passing their cameras and phones to to nice gentleman. Then, I pass the Lumia. The gentleman takes the picture and then says, "Wow, now that is a picture, that's how it is supposed to look. Come look at this dear, wow!" My wife who is still using the iPhone 4S said, "Please stop, I will never hear the end of it". Guess what she was right! Love the 920.

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I had a similarly proud moment this weekend. My girlfriend and I had a couple over on Saturday night, both of whom have the iPhone 4s. My girlfriend and I both have white 920s. It didn't take long before the 920s became the highlight of the night.
It started when my buddy commented on how he wants the phone we have and compared the look and screen to his iPhone....he almost seemed resentful towards his phone for not being as nice.

Then, all four of us were talking about a party from a few years ago, and a funny picture that was taken that night. My buddies gf mentions that she has the pic in one of her fb albums so she pulls her phone out to open it up.....i ask what the albums name is and since she's in a group I've made I have really quick access to her pics....i have the album open in about five seconds and ask her to help me find the pic.....she looks stunned and confused and says "how did you.....that was so fast.. my facebook apo hasn't even opened yet..."she kinda trailed off after that.

They had brought their pup over too and it was sleeping in the other room, the room was dimly lit, but I still managed to get an awesome close up of the pup and once again my buddies gf was kinda stunned by how great the pic turned out.

This was really her introduction to Nokia and windows phone and you could kinda tell she was opening her eyes to life beyond the iPhone for the first time. I think people that have been using iPhone for a long time just naturally assume that iPhone offers the best hardware and best UI. Windows Phone is very different and I think for people that are used to doing things the iPhone way it can be a bit confusing at first....truth is, they just aren't used to having things be so was. They are used to only being able to access things one way, one app at a time. Once you expose them to a different way...easier, faster way of doing things they kinda have those "oh wow" moments.

Anyway, got off on a tangent there.

My buddy challenged me to a low light shot competition.....it wasn't even competitive.

I then showed them cinemagraph......and they were hooked. They basically hijacked our phones for the rest of the night haha

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My 920's wide angle camera shocks my friends. Me myself have never seen a smartphone camera with such wide angle! With my Lumia 800, If I took a photo of my buddies and I, we would fit in the frame perfectly. With my 920, there is space for more 3 more people! I once turned on close-up mode and took a photo of some flowers. I showed my friends and shocked them! I could take close-up images like a DSLR! That's what got my 4 friends all to get Lumia 920s! (1 yellow, 1 white, 1 gray and 1 cyan and i have one black! almost all the colors!)

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I frequently am able to find things more quickly than my wife with her 4s. By the time she's typed it into google (after giving up on siri) I've already hit the drive link and Nokia HereDrive is opening and telling us the first turn.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It never gets old hearing these stories. From someone who has been on the WP bandwagon since 7.0 it is so nice to finally hear these stories after a frustrating few years of people not knowing what a WP even was.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
It never gets old hearing these stories. From someone who has been on the WP bandwagon since 7.0 it is so nice to finally hear these stories after a frustrating few years of people not knowing what a WP even was.

welcome, newcomer. My first smartphone was a windows mobile! :p

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
welcome, newcomer. My first smartphone was a windows mobile! :p

Haha. I was a WM6.1 and 6.5 user before my LG Quantum. I started with the LG Incite then the LG Expo. I was really just commenting on the start of WP.
I started with the Quantum, then I got the Titan, Titan 2, and now the L920. All of which I got on release day.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Haha. I was a WM6.1 and 6.5 user before my LG Quantum. I started with the LG Incite then the LG Expo. I was really just commenting on the start of WP.
I started with the Quantum, then I got the Titan, Titan 2, and now the L920. All of which I got on release day.
I had a Samsung Epix, which had the physical qwerty keyboard and a "mouse" cursor. The touch screen was pretty bad, so you had to use the cursor most of the time. Then I went to an HTC Pur, which had a much better touch screen, no physical keyboard and a stylus. You needed the stylus because the screen was so damn small your finger took up 1/10 of the whole screen. I was pretty close to giving up on ever getting a "Zune Phone" when I heard about the w7 and the fact that it would sync with my Zune account. I waited until it came out and grabbed the Focus. My daughter uses that phone even now and it still works great. I'm on the L920 now, after having a brief stopover with the L900.

OH, and back to the point, the other thing I'm consistently able to do much quicker than either of the two iphones in the family is find specific emails. Even though I have all my accounts separate and they have them combined, I'm always able to find emails related to events, etc. more quickly.

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
People always hate, I always show off my 920, and they are impressed but they still differnt their own OS no matter what.

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I owned the LG Optimus 7 in late 2010 (sexiest phone of 2010). Damn that phone was awesome! The screen was literally indestructible! My phone got run over by a bus screen-up and the screen has no scratch! The LCD was still perfect! We should get like a custom Xbox avatar for being with Windows Phone for so long.

mattcald

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
This past weekend, I was at an amusement park, taking pictures of the kids on rides using BLINK on my white 920. Had some people ask what kind of phone I had. LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium