Possible to restore after i have started using my phone

bidderbl

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Good morning. I have had to flash my phone. before i did that i turned on all of the backup functions on my 920. Good news is it all worked and my phone isn't bricked anymore. I turned the phone back on and went through the intro process but didn't sign into my live account. I couldn't figure out how to restore from my cloud backup and searched the forums and most say that the restore has to be done at the beginning. So after that long winded intro, my question is there a way to restore the apps+settings, photos, texts that i backed up to the cloud after i have already started using the phone? I am hesitant to start over with another factory reset because that is how it got bricked in the first place. Thank you in advance for any help for this newbie.

bidderbl

May 27, 2013
Visit site
i do not believe so, but i am not all that well versed on this. I am now signed in with my live account, but when i did the restart i was not.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can restore after but apps will not rejnstall but text messages / chats and contacts will re-sync providing you backed them up and synced to your Microsoft Account or Live Account and signed into this said account after the reset. Source: done it myself - hard reset after updating to portico - I was pressed for time so I did not restore when prompted. Upon signing in into my MS account, all my contacts, text messages were there after syncing but it take some time for the list to populate so make sure you re-sync over Wi Fi. I had backed up my documents, pictures, videos, ringtones, music on my PC before updating then moved them over after the reset was complete.

bidderbl

May 27, 2013
Visit site
ok. thanks for all the help. i pulled the trigger and reset my phone. it worked and now i have a new problem. when i get to the point in the setup where i sign in to my microsoft account i keep getting an error message. "can;t connect. we're having a problem signing in. Make sure you have a good reception; If you do, the problem may be on the other end. Wait a little while and try again."
I have the best signal possible so not sure what to do as i cant restore if i cant get past that. any ideas?
Thanks

Akshaay Kumar

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
how do u get wifi connected before phone settings could be accessed.......i too have the same error message problem......i had fb chat problem ...i had to reset my phone......i m using a sim tat is in roamin...dono how to get my old settings back...

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
You can't connect to wifi during the initial set up to restore a backup. Absolutely stupid oversight by Microsoft. I just got a replacement device today and I keep getting that error too. My problem is that the default APN settings they have for my provider do not work so I can't get a data connection. So I have no way of getting my backup restored unless I find a sim card from a different provider with correct APN settings. When I skip the login a screen pops up asking me to choose the default APN, so I guess it knows it's using the wrong one. When I choose the non-default one data works fine. Too bad they don't let me choose the correct one before setup.

Anyway, when you skip the login, see if you have an internet connection in IE without connecting to WiFi. If you don't you probably have an APN problem too. I've also read that the time has to be exactly correct for the login to work.

I can't believe Microsoft would be so stupid as to not let someone sign in to Wifi to set up their phones. Or atleast let us restore our backup after the initial setup. Things like this just make me frustrated with WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs