It's lumia 920 =)

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm new around here, I've been searching for a long time and I finally decided to get a lumia 920 (best smartphone for what I've seen), my expectations are high and I shall be receiving it by the end of this weekend, so, there's anything I should know about it? Will be my first time with a wp, I currently own a blackberry 8520 (have 2, nice phone btw).

is the lumia 920 all the things that everybody says about?

thanks since now, sorry for the inconvinience =p

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations. It is the flagship device of windows phone and considered by many to be one of the best smartphone out there right now. Its a stunning looking device, you'll appreciating the design and build quality when you get it. Just make sure you run phone software updates when you get it because there will be one or two. Make sure you take advantage of Nokias exclusive apps like CNN news, Parking mania as well as the pre-loaded Nokia drive, maps and city lense. Also, if you are a music fanatic and use your phone for listening to music you have the right phone. Make sure you check out Dolby SRS, you can customise the EQ and the sound quality is stunning and the supplied earphones are great. The rest you'll learn as time goes by. Enjoy!

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Well you are not the only one. I pulled the trigger and bought a 920 as well... I didn't want black but for the time constraint I bought it. got a grey cover. Well I just dropped by staples to check out a laptop, and they had the 920.. well it is great looking device and the screen is awesome. and they had black. it is fine with me. would have preferred red with all its gloss.. but hey cant do much.. may be I will give this to my BIL after a few months and get on to 925:)

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the future.

Coming from an 8520 the 920 is gonna blow your mind. Do be aware that its a totally different type of phone, and totally different type of software.

The camera is amazing, and so is the screen. The battery will be a shock to you. Its a great battery, but the 8520 is a low power phone, so bear in mind you will be charging this more often.

Get a qi charge pad.

Have fun 😊

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations. It is the flagship device of windows phone and considered by many to be one of the best smartphone out there right now. Its a stunning looking device, you'll appreciating the design and build quality when you get it. Just make sure you run phone software updates when you get it because there will be one or two. Make sure you take advantage of Nokias exclusive apps like CNN news, Parking mania as well as the pre-loaded Nokia drive, maps and city lense. Also, if you are a music fanatic and use your phone for listening to music you have the right phone. Make sure you check out Dolby SRS, you can customise the EQ and the sound quality is stunning and the supplied earphones are great. The rest you'll learn as time goes by. Enjoy!

that's nice! I've been checking for loads of important apps in these days and made a list (8 or 9) with the ones I want, I'm didn't know about some apps you said, thanks for the info!, and yes, I'm a music fanatic fan, guess I'll be enjoy it very much, soon as I get it I will update it, thanks!

Welcome to the future.

Coming from an 8520 the 920 is gonna blow your mind. Do be aware that its a totally different type of phone, and totally different type of software.

The camera is amazing, and so is the screen. The battery will be a shock to you. Its a great battery, but the 8520 is a low power phone, so bear in mind you will be charging this more often.

Get a qi charge pad.

Have fun ��

hahaha thanks!, I hate android (hate how things are displayed, have a razr, good phone actually), and bored from iOS, I love the 8520, it's simply and funcional, I'm looking for a loooooong time for a smartphone that really made me want to switch phones, and I finally found, the lumia 920 was the one able to do it!, high expectations!

Well you are not the only one. I pulled the trigger and bought a 920 as well... I didn't want black but for the time constraint I bought it. got a grey cover. Well I just dropped by staples to check out a laptop, and they had the 920.. well it is great looking device and the screen is awesome. and they had black. it is fine with me. would have preferred red with all its gloss.. but hey cant do much.. may be I will give this to my BIL after a few months and get on to 925:)

In my country (brazil) the 925 is going to arrive only at november, I'm too ancious for waiting for that time, I got a 920 because I was very excited, and still I am, waiting for the phone, I was in doubt between the black or white, but I found black more discrete, and the grey color isn't offered in my country (only red,yellow,black and white), hope we enjoy it very much!

EDIT: I have one doubt, these nokia apps, such as nokia lens or nokia maps, comes pre-installed in the 920? or do I have to install it from the windows app store?

Last edited:

duEprocEss

May 28, 2013
Visit site
EDIT: I have one doubt, these nokia apps, such as nokia lens or nokia maps, comes pre-installed in the 920? or do I have to install it from the windows app store?

Welcome to the family!

Some of those apps do come pre-installed. Regardless, you can easily get them from the store!