Bricked after a soft reset?

Nemanja Pavlovic

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

After more than a month of using my 920 with no particular problems, I recently started having some issues with certain built in "apps".
Sometimes, opening Messaging or Settings would blackscreen for a few seconds and then jump back to the start screen. Other apps would work, but not as smooth as normally, also the gyroscope would bug and not rotate the screen. Up to today, a soft reset would fix the issue, sometimes even leaving it on idle for a few minutes would make it work again.

However, after the bug re-occurring today, the phone seems to be stuck on the Nokia logo after a reset, for about an hour now.

Did anyone experience something similar? After reading the sticky above and searching the forum a bit, couldn't find anything too helpful. Especially since i would like to avoid the factory reset right now, since i have some important data on the phone i can't afford to lose.

What are the chances of the phone booting up normally now? I should also note that a similar thing happened last night, but didnt last more than 10-15mins.

Thanks.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
i have had this in the past.

Plug it into the charger

Soft Reboot while stuck in Gears (Volume down + power for 15 seconds)

Let it sit for 20-25 mins

If it hasn't booted, try it a few more times. The last time this happened to me it took 4 soft resets, a total of 2 hours.

Nemanja Pavlovic

May 28, 2013
Visit site
After about 10 hours on the Nokia logo, the phone turned itself off as the battery seems to be emptied. Turned it back on, and it booted without a problem lol

Making a backup of my stuff now, gonna see tomorrow if i'm gonna try to flash it myself or ask for a new one (since this one has the screen flickering issue sometimes)

Thanks!

Edit:
By the way, does anyone have an idea what might be causing the issue i described in the first post? Is it possible that some app or game is causing the bugs?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon