Is my data lost? How to recover? 920 to 920

Chad G

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I noticed Saturday my camera on my 920 was not working. I called tech support and did the turn off and soft resets but those did not work. So the tech person had me do a hard reset and boom--bricked. Two gears has been showing since Saturday. The tech person is sending me a new 920 which will be here tomorrow. My questions are:

1. Did I loose all my contacts? Most should be on my hotmail account but not all.

2. How do I get all my apps back? I know I can go back into the store and download them but I won't remember them all?

3. Are my text/chat messages lost?

4. I didn't ask but will I get a new new phone or a refurb phone? Does the year warranty start over?

Luckily all pics are on skydrive so no worries there. Main worrie is contacts and apps. Thanks for any assistance.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to recover your texts and contacts. When you put your SIM card in the phone and reconfigure stuff like your Facebook account, etc., contacts should gradually reappear. You can get back your apps by logging into your Microsoft Live account. There's a page called "Purchase history" and you can simply click on "reinstall" to get those back. As for your replacement phone's status, it most likely is a refurbished model. Seems that they always send refurbished phones to replace those that are sent in for problems. Can't say anything about warranty, though, because I honestly don't know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077