Backing up People on Windows Phone 8

Smike 47

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I have been advised to do a 'factory reset' on my 920 and am trying to ensure that all my contacts (People) are backed up to my computer. I assume this is via Sky Drive, but this doesn't seem to be happening as the list of my contacts on my 920 and the list of contacts in my Outlook 2010 are not the same.

Until I am convinced that all my info is actually backed up and I can see it on my Windows account, I really can't chance losing everything, so what am I supposed to do as I cannot see any 'back up' facility for People on my 920, but only Texts, Apps and Photos and even then I still can't see these !

All help will be much appreciated.

Mike
:eek:rly:

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Your contacts are not backed up to your computer, generally. They are backed up to the account(s) you use on your phone. If you have a Microsoft account, like the above post says, you will see them on Outlook.com. If you have a Google account, they will be there. If you have backup turned on, then it backs up your phone settings, apps, texts, etc so that when your restore you phone, it is pretty much the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes