Remote control for 920 camera?

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I need to pick one up, what's the best option for a remote control for the camera on the 920? Does it work with shooting video too?

Thanks!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking of trying to see if there was one of these too but I've had no luck so far. Did you ever get any remote?

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
If you're looking for a physical remote shutter release (not by software means) consider the 1020 camera grip which has a shutter button that is interfaced with the phone via USB. I think someone should be able to figure out a remote release/shutter release cable for Lumias with a connection via the micro USB port. It has to be either via a contact closure or voltage signal to the USB lines...

Someone should try connecting the 1020 camera grip's USB to a 92x phone and try if it works...

Sebsweden

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm absolutely looking for one. Are you saying the button on the camera grip works via usb? If that's the case, it should be easily rigged with some tender loving soldering...

Sebsweden

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Of course, if it could be triggered via wi-fi, bluetooth, or best of all; a dedicated remote like the GoPro has...that would be awesome.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
You can use voice command to take a photo / video. I believe it was a Nokia video where a guy was hitting baseballs and taking pictures and video with voice command. Never used it myself so I cannot comment any further than that.

Sebsweden

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah, there are a couple of solutions for iOS. Wish they could just enable recording via the nokia BT headset-controls. You know: start the nokia procam, select video/stills, press play on the bluetooth remote to start recording/take pics...

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
There is an app called Tapshoot which allows you to use another windows phone to operate the camera and you can use the screen as a viewer as well. Pick up a cheap Lumia 520 to use as your "remote" and away you go...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes