Finally here after more than 6 months.

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
So today I received my Lumia 920.
Opened the box and everything, tried cutting down the sim but didn't work so got a new one.
The manual had "Lumina 920" written on it :unhappysweat:

Then on the back was a protector or whatever and when I peeled that off. There was residue on the carl zeiss strip and the polycarbonate and the strip had scratches on... Not suppose to be there if it's brand new right?

Let me know if somebody else had the same experiences.

EDIT: Also, the phone got really hot after 20 minutes of using..

Last edited:

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Where did you buy it from?

You sure those are scratches on the ceramic "nokia" logo? It smudges really easy and its hard to wipe off, but it might not be scratches.

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Where did you buy it from?

You sure those are scratches on the ceramic "nokia" logo? It smudges really easy and its hard to wipe off, but it might not be scratches.

Got it from amazon from the seller wireless experts inc for 418$.
I was able to wipe off the residue but the strip had visible scratches, the same with the whole back. Scratches all over.
The box has a smaller circle and then a larger one on top of it, does it mean I received possibly a refurbished item?
Also, the box says the phone is red, but it's actually black. :confused:

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Got it from amazon from the seller wireless experts inc for 418$.
I was able to wipe off the residue but the strip had visible scratches, the same with the whole back. Scratches all over.
The box has a smaller circle and then a larger one on top of it, does it mean I received possibly a refurbished item?
Also, the box says the phone is red, but it's actually black. :confused:

Yeah that sounds really dodgy, probably 2nd hand.

But you did only pay $418.....so i guess thats not too bad.

Edit: I take that back, brand new unlocked 920s are selling at $488 (not imports or anything, legit local stock and free wireless charger), so $418 for what sounds like a second hand phone is a bit dodgy.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
So today I received my Lumia 920.
Opened the box and everything, tried cutting down the sim but didn't work so got a new one.
The manual had "Lumina 920" written on it :unhappysweat:

It said "Lumina??" Okay, that doesn't sound kosher... I hope you didn't get a counterfeit device. :-/

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It said "Lumina??" Okay, that doesn't sound kosher... I hope you didn't get a counterfeit device. :-/

I message amazon customer service and I have 2 options. 1 is return the phone for full refund. 2. they'll refund me 25% of the purchase... so $104~.
So I chose the refund, I thought I'll be fine with those scratches on the back and I'll want to replace the housing anyway, to cyan hehe(also cyan cc-1043)

Sorry for the double picture, no idea how to delete

Attachments

• WP_20130531_017.jpg
    WP_20130531_017.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 28
  • WP_20130531_017.jpg
    WP_20130531_017.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 24

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
that looks fake bud....the windows symbol (middle bottom) is a perfect sqaure (it shouldnt be, look at comparsions online), as you mentioned its not a Lumia but a LUMINA...that XBOX symbol icon is just wrong.

I would refund my money and get a proper device. Im not even sure Nokia would cover replacements under that.

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
that looks fake bud....the windows symbol (middle bottom) is a perfect sqaure (it shouldnt be, look at comparsions online), as you mentioned its not a Lumia but a LUMINA...that XBOX symbol icon is just wrong.

I would refund my money and get a proper device. Im not even sure Nokia would cover replacements under that.

WP_20130531_021.jpgWP_20130531_022.jpgWP_20130531_023.jpgWP_20130531_024.jpg

I think they just found some chinese manuals and threw it in. The phone looks fine except the scratches on the back.(will replace)
The att symbol does annoy me but I'll have to do. But 314$ for a lumia isn't bad..

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think anything he paid is a good price considering the person who sold this phone obviously knew it was a fake and he got taken. :straight: All I know is, I would be pretty pissed if I thought I was buying a legitimate Nokia Lumia 920 and got a counterfeit. The box doesn't even look right. The AT&T logo of the blue and white sphere looks pasted on.

ArmisLt

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion. I paid 418$ and contacted them and they offered 25% refund which will make the phone cost 314$.
What I think is, the phone seems to be used and then returned and when I peeled off the Don't text and Drive it can wait, the screen was very clear without any finger prints or anything, but the back had lots of scratches.

I really don't think this is a counterfeit device, but the box has been opened (maybe to unlock the phone?)

Also, I checked unboxings and my box didn't the the NFC sample thing, the "nokia smart setup", "product and safety information" and the quickstart guide.
All I got was the phone, charger and the pin.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
But it's not a real Lumia. The Windows symbol is wrong. It tapers from the right to the left, not a perfect square. The IE symbol and XBox icons are wrong as well. Yeah, this isn't a real Windows Phone. I agree with others and think you have a counterfeit device.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There is a lot of fake brand cell phones in Asia and they look as original ones ... and a price is less than half from an original one ...

They sale them even on the streets with these aggressive prices, usually outside of malls ...

Shortly, do not buy them - they will not work properly ....

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Total fake. Return it now!

Edit: Actually, that picture is only of the user handbook, which is clearly fake as the icons are all wrong.

I guess the phone could be a genuine refurb... don't see a picture of that.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion. I paid 418$ and contacted them and they offered 25% refund which will make the phone cost 314$.
What I think is, the phone seems to be used and then returned and when I peeled off the Don't text and Drive it can wait, the screen was very clear without any finger prints or anything, but the back had lots of scratches.

I really don't think this is a counterfeit device, but the box has been opened (maybe to unlock the phone?)

Also, I checked unboxings and my box didn't the the NFC sample thing, the "nokia smart setup", "product and safety information" and the quickstart guide.
All I got was the phone, charger and the pin.

You should get your FULL refund. You were scammed and deserve to get ALL your money back, every last penny. If I were you, I would look into making a complaint and definitely give the seller you got that phone from a horrible rating and review. I mean, WTF??? Stories like this make me really angry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05