Finding recently added music

Joshtwheeler

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently upgrading from an iPhone 4S to a Nokia Lumia 920. It's so great but, is there way of searching for recently added music? I loved the smart playlist on the iPhone but it's kind of frustrating I can't find my latest tunes on the device without scrolling through the hundreds of tracks.

Any help would be appreciated!

All the best,

Josh

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
When you first go into the music and video hub the very first screen that you land on (the one titled collection) allows you to swipe to the left or right. If you swipe left twice you will find a screen that shows New. This shows the most recently added additions. I don't know if that will be comprehensive enough for you, but looks like that might be the best you can get. Alternatively, you could set up a "New" playlist in Windows Media Player, or on the phone itself for that matter. Going into the songs list allows you to select which ones you want and make a playlist from them. This might seem cumbersome compared to your experience with your iPhone though. Having said that, I am sure that there will be improvements made to the music player in future updates.

Joshtwheeler

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Ah, thanks. I had found that one - it seems to just play the album. I drop a lot of music into a "Various" folder and that function just plays the album in it's entirety...

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
If you are dropping the music into the various folder then you could look at making everything in that folder into a playlist. Once that playlist is in place you can add and subtract songs on the fly from the phone itself by just using the select function. This might not be entirely perfect for your purpose either though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss