Is it too late to buy a 920?

BobSJ

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm eligible for an upgrade at the end of the month on AT&T, but I was wondering: Is it too late to buy a Lumia 920? It's been a while since it's been out, but nothing new has been rumored (other than the EOS one but I could care less). Do you guys see anything coming out soon on AT&T? And if I should buy one, which color?

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
It's not to late to buy one. They still sell them and probably will sell it even after the next model comes out. I haven't heard of anything new on AT&T and hope at some point to see a Windows Phone phablet but for now, this is it other than the 8x. As for color.... It's pretty subjective there. If you aren't going to use a case, then i suggest the black one since it goes with any of the theme colors on the phone. I use black but I actually do like them all. I think I got this because not all of the colors come in a matte finish. That may make a difference to you. I think only the black and cyan come that way. The rest of the colors are a glossy finish

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
If you're not interested in the EOS, then I'd say go for it. It's still a great phone! Even if another flagship phone is announced soon, it's not going to be available until November at the earliest. And although Microsoft hasn't officially talked about Windows Phone 8.1 upgrade, I'd be SHOCKED if all the current-gen phones (920 included) aren't going to get the upgrade.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
let us not talk again about upgrades. All windows 8 phones will get upgrade.. I believe this is what has been mentioned by MS earlier.

BTW I got a 920. I am waiting to unlock it to use it with Tmobile.

You should get it.. the next set of phones which come will also be costly. So why not get this for free.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
(other than the EOS one but I could care less).

You Could NOT care less.

What makes you say you could not care about it though? The EOS is the 920 with a better camera...if you care about the 920, you care about the EOS...I think what you really meant was the 41MP Pureview camera wasn't worth waiting 6 months for the November release?

If that is the case, I'd just get the 920. You can get them for $0.01 at Staples right now, probably won't last a month but similar deals should be around then too.. http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/229268-920-selling-1-cent-staples.html

brhooma

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
if ur only concern is the price, I think it's too early to buy one, cuz it will get much cheaper when the 925 is released. I dont know much about US, but here in the UK the 920 went from ?380 to ?360 just 24 hours after the 925 was announced. Specs wise, I cant see any major upgrade (besides camera) before the end of this year or early 2014 when the GDR3 is expected to be released.
so if the money is not the problem u can get the 925 when it is released, or wait for another month and get the 920 for a cheaper price. otherwise, just stick with ur current phone till the end of this year to see if nokia has any new innovations.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
No, it's not too late. The 920 is still an advanced device with an outstanding camera and will be supported by Nokia and Microsoft for some time.

Get it and enjoy it. You know you will. :)

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
In the UK at all EE stores the 920 in black or yellow is currently only ?249 to buy outright.
Its not available on their websites tho.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
It's not late but 920 has many issues so I would buy 925 if I were you.

Really? I've had my 920 for a while now and I certainly don't notice any more issues than any other smart phone. In fact, the only "issues" I see are related to app/feature functionality and NOT any defects or problems. What the 920 does, it does quite well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb