What Phone did I insure again, Asurion?

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Asurion wants me to pay 125$ to replace my Lumia 920 with an HTC 8X... I'm not doing that. Any suggestions for plan B?

Over the years, this is the first claim I've ever tried to make. The money I've spent on them over the years, I could have bought several full price devices...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Plan B would probably be either attempting a self-repair (depending on the damage), asking to speak to a manager at Asurion and explaining that the suggested replacement is unacceptable, or trying to buy a second-hand device, depending on the amount of money you are willing to spend.

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Weird, I just did a replacement with my red 920 through Asurion a couple of weeks ago. No problems. What was their reasoning for not being able to give you an exact replacement?

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Asurion for the 3rd time, they don't have any and don't know if they're going to get any more Lumia 920's. They assured me repeatedly that the 8X had more memory and had all the same features. How 16 is more than 32, I don't know... and last I knew, the 8X won't sit on my Qi charging stands.

Update:

Finally got to talk to a manager (They wouldn't let me when I asked, but AT&T support came along and got me through)... I now have the option of a Samsung Galaxy SIII.

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I wish. . . while Asurion is the insurance provided directly through AT&T, claims cannot be made in the store they have to be handled through Asurion directly. AT&T will only handle warranty issues. To AT&T's credit, my support rep stuck with me for the better part of an hour and did their best to plead my case with Asurion. Asurion just has a really simplistic way to measure valid replacements...it boils down to "What is the next best phone with the same OS?"

By the time I received this bad news, I was already 48 hours into the process and very frustrated... I filed my claim on the website, but half way through was told I had to call them. I called and sat on hold for half an hour. Every few minutes, a voice would tell me that the fastest way to make a claim was through their automated process online... sigh. After I finally got to talk to someone, they asked a few questions and told me an adjuster would call me. An adjuster never called me. A day later, I got an email telling me to call them again--and then a rather rude sounding support rep told me I couldn't proceed without sending them the affidavit -- never explaining what this was. After some searching their site, I found links to print, sign, scan and return several documents nobody could be bothered to email me about. After a handful of email notifications for someone else with a different name and different claim number I was informed I'd receive an HTC 8X, which had comparable features and "more" memory. . .

I need a phone. I refuse to pay for a direct down grade, so I'll probably take the SIII until I'm eligible for an upgrade but this "insurance" has been a real disappointment.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
so they sell an insurance service that could potentially never fulfilled? Sounds like a scam to me. Felt sorry it happen to you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12