Possibly Switching to WP8

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my fourth 920 - all of them were equally unreliable. My wife's does the same. The entire forum here is littered with reports of reboots, crashes and battery issues - please don't be ridiculous.

Moving around tiles isn't what I call customizability, sorry. Have you ever used an Android device?

Again, I like my Lumia to the point that I've stuck with Nokia for over 6 months now despite the issues. Let's not slip into ******-lingo here.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I am truly sorry you have a defective device, but don't place the blame on the OS as in your first post. You get bad cars, tvs, game systems, etc., etc., etc. You really can't blame a whole OS or device because of your faulty equipment.

As to customization, I did say more than iOS. Yes, there is way more on Android, but it just gets messy and I ended up changing stuff not because I wanted to, but because I could. I could spec out my car to my wits end, but I don't because I settled on something I like. I can move my tiles around, AND resize them and on some, change the colors and information being displayed. You don't get that on iOS or even close. Android customization is tops, that's for certain, but come on, not everyone needs that much in their lives. I grew bored.

Replace your device while you still have a warranty. That's all we're saying here. No need to knock those of us with working devices and no issues.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Nothing against WP8 in general (I use a Lumia 920 myself and like it) - BUT:

- And as for the interface: yes, iOS is very boring. But the customization capabilities of WP8 are very limited as well. You can change a couple of tiles, that's it.

Here's what people have done with their start screens:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=201935

Start screens can be very different, and their are many apps like skinery, wiztiles, header tiles, group tiles, WPtiles, which you can use to create heads etc.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Here's what people have done with their start screens:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=201935

Start screens can be very different, and their are many apps like skinery, wiztiles, header tiles, group tiles, WPtiles, which you can use to create heads etc.

Absolutely correct. While it doesn't have nearly the options of Android, it is head and shoulders above iPhone and THAT is what I wanted. I'm a techie type and I like lots of options but yikes, the Galaxy S3 had an incredible amount of them and like one poster said, it got where I was changing them just because I could. STOP THE MADNESS! I liked the fresh clean look of the Windows Live tiles and it gives me just enough options to change the look around a fair amount without being overwhelming. You might be surprised how many different way you can make your screen look. The only thing I do wish they would expand on is the customization of notifications but I suspect that will be something we'll see downt he road. This is a pretty young OS and it is certainly going thru its growing pains but I absolutely love it. At any given time, just glancing at my screen will show me flipping tiles and pictures along with news and weather. Perhaps I'm wrong here and if so, I'll apologize now but when I read of someone who has had to replace their phone 3 or 4 times, I think either they are the unluckiest person on the planet or they are simply so OCD that they return their phone for any minor little thing (the dreaded spec of dust and creak of the control!). In all the MANY phones I've had in my lifetime, I don't think I've ever had to replace a phone more than the one initial time if it was defective.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick note on reliability, I have been through htc hd7, htc titan, htc 8x and now Lumia 920, every single one has been rock solid, in my experience, windows phone is a very reliable os

sonic1519

May 7, 2013
Visit site
imo do your homework pick what is best for you. i had iphone 3,3g, 4 and 5. and i'm no ******.
the 920 is a solid phone easy to setup and the OS so far has been great. what i like best about it
is if you have a windows 8 pc a outlook.com account, use outlook 2013 and use skydrive plus
a few other programs. to steal a line from ios it just works................... plus the goods news is
it's only going to get better

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I think lumia 920 is very reliable in general, for what I've seen in reviews, many reviewers with 8 months and they told that the phone did not show any problems, I think there are deffective units, more an unlucky thing, people in my city told that was very reliable as well, no problems at all.

Lumia 920 is a very good choice, fresh and now OS, being totally different from the android and iOS, couldn't be happier =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss