Clock?

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I just got myself a Lumia 920. It's my first Windows Phone and I'm loving it so far. It's absolutely beautiful.

There's just one thing driving me a little crazy. Where's the clock tile? There doesn't seem to be one on the phone and I can't find any decent clock tiles in the store. Is this a problem or am I missing something. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
There seems that there are restrictions on how often tiles can be updated that would prevent this fall on working for a 3rd party app, and Microsoft doesn't provide any native clock tile. Instead the only option is the clock on your lock screen and status bar thing.

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, for those of us with old eyes there is no live clock tile. I would pay a lot for a live tile with a nice big font so I could see the time without my glasses. As it is I have resorted to pressing the power button twice, once to turn off the screen and then again to bring up the lock screen wo I can see the big clock there.

I'm hoping MS opens up the API in the next update and allows a third-party app.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, for those of us with old eyes there is no live clock tile. I would pay a lot for a live tile with a nice big font so I could see the time without my glasses. As it is I have resorted to pressing the power button twice, once to turn off the screen and then again to bring up the lock screen wo I can see the big clock there.

I'm hoping MS opens up the API in the next update and allows a third-party app.
In fact there is no true life tile, how funny is that?! All after market tiles updates no faster than 30 minutes, which makes the battery app works half it suppose to do.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
In fact there is no true life tile, how funny is that?! All after market tiles updates no faster than 30 minutes, which makes the battery app works half it suppose to do.

That's not entirely true... if an app uses push notifications it can recieve updates as they come in... FB, Twitter, etc...

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. The lack of a clock tile seems like a glaring omission. The little clock in the top corner is not really adequate.

I sure hope they fix that.

Otherwise, I'm in love with the phone.

rudranil

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
You can also see the date/ time on the lock screen when you turn on your phone. Just another option...
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You can also see the date/ time on the lock screen when you turn on your phone. Just another option...
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Yeah I realise that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for an excuse to ditch the phone. I love it. I can't put it down.

It's just a little annoyance.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
There was a bit of a push to bring an App called TimeMe to the attention of Nokia to perhaps get them to take it on, given that it's one glaring (OS Based) flaw is that it can only update every 30 mins. Sadly nothing seems to have come of it, at least not yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs